The Director of Evangelism Leadership Development will collaborate with the Executive Minister of Make and Deepen Disciples (MDD) to develop a denomination-wide network of evangelism leaders throughout North America by:
• mobilizing evangelism leaders in every regional conference of the ECC;
• mentoring and coaching ECC pastors and leaders in evangelism leadership and culture change leadership;
• Facilitating evangelism leadership cohorts and other teaching/learning experiences;
• Sponsoring ministry events and network opportunities;
• Developing, curating, and providing relevant evangelism resources.
In all of these, collaboration with the MDD staff, conferences, and local churches is critical to assure integration and synergy of strategies and objectives throughout MDD ministry focus areas.
• Mentor and coach ECC pastors and leaders in evangelism leadership and culture change leadership.
• Develop, oversee and guide evangelism network opportunities within conferences, local church staff, and other ministry leaders.
• Cultivate and strengthen partnerships between the denomination and conference offices.
• Collaborate with and support the Executive Minister on denomination-wide evangelism initiatives.
• Engage with MDD and Communication team members on marketing and communication strategies to optimize communication and engagements with evangelism resources and opportunities.
• Manage an effective communication and relationship management plan to enhance rapport between constituencies.
• Help develop and collaborate online and social networking opportunities to effectively communicate developments on evangelism to ECC’s pastors, leaders, and members.
• Contribute to the planning and execution of ECC events, such as: CHIC, Youth Workers Connection, Midwinter, Annual Meeting/Gather, in order for evangelism to be interwoven in offerings and opportunities made available at said events.
• Advocate for ethnic diversity and exercise best practices that increase the mosaic within sphere of influence.
• Collaborate with colleagues and ECC ministry leaders to enhance ministry outcomes.
• Other duties as assigned by the Executive Minister of Make and Deepen Disciples.
Must be able to work in remote locations with corresponding applications and connections, in accordance with personnel policies. Willing to travel across North America and internationally, approximately 75% of work time. Must be versatile and able to work for prolonged segments sitting/standing and on a computer. Must engage frequently with office tools and equipment, such as: computer, copier, phone, web-conferencing equipment, cell communication, printers, etc. Must be able to occasionally lift or move items, less than 35lbs.
Experience and Skills:
Education and Experience
Required: Master’s degree in Divinity, Evangelism, Christian Formation or Theology. A minimum engagement of five (5) years in the Evangelical Covenant Church (ECC) and a minimum of 5 years of functioning in ministry positions, to include experience in conference level activities. Ordained or willing to seek ordination in the ECC.
Preferred: Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, exercised in curricula development or social media interactions.
• Mastery of Microsoft and Windows applications, database development and management, and web technologies.
• Detail-oriented, strong organization, prioritization and time management skills are imminent.
• Excels in attention to detail with high level of accuracy in the preparation of documents, reports, and correspondence. Writes speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
• Works well under pressure and is able to accomplish multiple tasks with conflicting priorities and timelines.
• Ability to operate with discretion and confidentiality at all times.
• Talks to others to convey information effectively and efficiently.
• Responds appropriately and adjusts actions in relation to others’ actions.
• Effectively presents information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
• Reads, analyzes, and interprets common ministry journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
• Creatively formulate reports, communication and marketing material for audiences.
• Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates. Displays passion and optimism. Inspires respect and trust. Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
• Develops workable implementation plans. Communicates changes effectively. Builds commitment and overcomes resistance. Prepares and supports those affected by change. Monitors transition and evaluates results.
• Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires and motivates others to perform well. Effectively influences actions and opinions of others. Accepts feedback from others and gives appropriate recognition to others.
• Includes stakeholders in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement. Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities. Solicits and applies feedback (internal and external). Fosters quality focus in others. Improves processes, products and services.
• Self-starter, with the ability to work independently. Use critical thinking skills – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.