Religious Education Programming
* Lead, monitor, and actively participate in the approved programming.
* Work collaboratively with program coordinators to determine curriculum, material selection, and scope & sequencing of classes.
* Provide and coordinate catechist development events and seminars.
* Be responsible for program growth, including program offerings and increased enrollment in current programs.
* Regular office hours and required attendance during core Faith Formation evenings, i.e. Tuesdays until 6 pm and Wednesdays until 8 pm.
Adult Faith Formation
* Be attentive to the needs and the opportunities in order to create programs and communities that assist adult parishioners in their Christian journey.
* Work in conjunction with FF staff to promote faith formation opportunities.
* Oversight and communication with lead volunteers of adult ministries, i.e. Bible Studies, RCIA, Catholic Watchmen, & Walking with Purpose.
Executive & Financial
* Oversee and manage finances and budget.
– Work in collaboration with the Finance Manager & Bookkeeper to maintain internal fiscal controls.
– Build budget with support from staff resources, including the Pastor, Director of Business, Finance Manager, and Human Resources Coordinator.
– Ensure compliance with the approved budget.
– Review monthly financial reports for areas of concern.
– Address budget concerns with the Pastor and the Director of Business and take action to alleviate the concern.
* Oversee current fundraising efforts and generate additional development opportunities.
* Draft, gain approval, and implement long term financial, operational and programming plans.
* Work with the Pastor to develop and implement a strategic plan.
* Supervise staff; assist them in developing annual performance goals, objectives, and action plans; assist them in understanding and following the Pastor’s intentions for carrying out the mission of St. Mary’s and St. Michael’s
* Aim to create a positive and productive work environment by providing support, encouragement, and recognition to staff and volunteers.
* Ensure fruitful time management of staff and volunteers.
* Guarantee compliance with federal and state employment laws, as well as the Employee Handbook & Policies and the Code of Pastoral Conduct.
* Develop and implement safety and security practices and policies.
* Conduct annual performance evaluations with direct reports and oversee review process for all faith formation staff.
– Recruit, interview, and hire personnel in conjunction with Human Resources Coordinator and the Pastor.
– Work with the Youth Evangelization & Discipleship Coordinator, and PreK-6 Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Coordinator:
– To develop lesson plans and retreat plans
– To recruit, lead, grow, and retain faith formation volunteers.
– Schedule and facilitate faith formation staff meetings.
* Maintain Safe Environment
– Ensure mandatory courses are taught to children in all faith formation classes.
– Complete the background check process every 3 years.
– Review Code of Conduct for Church Personnel annually.
– Sign Code of Conduct for Church Personnel every 3 years.
– Attend initial one-time VIRTUS Safe Environment Training (3-hour live training) and then watch update videos every 3 years.
– Be a mandatory reporter for any suspected child abuse.
– Always keep the safety of the environment at the forefront to ensure a safe environment for children and vulnerable adults.
1. A Bachelor’s Degree in Theology and/or Philosophy or equivalent degree, Master’s Degree preferred.
2. Demonstrated work experience in religious education/faith formation.
3. Demonstrated ability to organize a curriculum and teach in a classroom setting to children, teens, and adults.
4. Demonstrated work experience in administration, budgeting, and supervisory management.
5. Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
6. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
7. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint.
Organizational Name: Church of St. Michael
Organizational City: Stillwater
Position Contact Name: Cindi Rutten
Position Contact Title: Human Resources Coordinator
Position Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Contact Phone: 651-379-1265
Number of Parish Households: 1,001-2,000
How to Apply
Interested applicants, please send a letter of interest and resume to Cindi Rutten, Human Resources Coordinator at [email protected]
Job Categories: Faith Formation. Job Types: Full-Time.