First Evangelical Covenant Church of Anchorage is looking for someone to join us in our mission as God’s caring family reaching out to disciple a new generation for Christ, empowering them to serve. We are seeking a person who has a strong commitment to Jesus Christ and the work of the church, with a passion to teach, care for, and disciple junior and senior high school students in conjunction with oversight of the children’s ministry so that as a community of faith we can guide our youth along the path of becoming who God intends them to be.
Qualifications and Position Requirements
- Ability to take a leading role in developing and implementing an overall strategy for children and youth (nursery through high school) ministries, with direct involvement in teaching and leading activities for junior and senior high students
- Ability and willingness to serve the whole church being flexible about taking on various roles and duties as part of the ministry team
- Strengths in the areas of communication and organizational skills; ability to communicate effectively with students and parents
- Experience and giftedness with mobilizing, empowering and leading volunteers in areas of family and youth ministry
- Experience and ability to leveraging technology to maximize effective ministry
- Experience, background and personal values that fit well with the values and makeup ofthis local church community
- Vision for outreach to people outside of the church, with particular passion for reaching out to families and youth
- A firm grasp of the Christian faith and the teachings of the Bible, experience in youth and church ministry, administrative skills and a personal spiritual life consistent with biblical requirements for leaders
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.