We seek a Director of Family Ministries & Outreach to join us in a dynamic ministry in a historic downtown church in the heart of a ski village. Help us to live out our mission to LOVE LIKE JESUS in bold and innovative ways.
Are you ready to cast and implement a vision for comprehensive family discipleship? Are you called to take on the responsibility for recruiting and developing teams of volunteers; to establish and promote an effective strategy for organizing ministry/outreach to families with children? We are looking for someone with a strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ, who will work alongside us in mission, and a desire to create a counter culture that we can use to share the Good News with the world. Only those with a genuine call to this type of ministry should apply.
Reports to: Senior Pastor is direct supervisor //accountable to Personnel Committee
Hours: Part-Time with potential to grow to Full-Time
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, range of $15 to $25 per hour; benefit eligible.
Start date: Immediate
• A strong personal relationship in Jesus Christ.
• Must have focus and desire to take initiative and be intrinsically motivated.
• Adherence to the doctrines of the Reformed Faith.
• A genuine calling and giftedness for student and family ministry.
• A love for people and an ability to relate to all ages, thereby fostering intergenerational relationships.
• A minimum of an associates or a bachelor’s degree in Family Ministry, Christian Education, or a related field is preferred.
• Prior experience in family ministry is preferred.
• Consistently maintains Christ-honoring relationships in both professional and personal lives.
• Proficiency in computer technology and social media.
• Proven organizational, communication, and writing skills.
• Proven success in working with committees, recruiting volunteers, and training leaders.
• Demonstrated spiritual maturity to hold things in confidence.
• Pass a background check.
1. Provide overall vision and direction for Family Ministry & Outreach at FPC, in alignment with FPC’s vision and values.
2. Develop an education plan that supports growth in the faith of parents and children.
3. Identify, evaluate, and procure age-level curriculum resources for the ministry.
4. Recruit and engage families and children in both outreach and service projects.
1. Create an engaging, relevant, and invitational environment for families with children.
2. Develop a comprehensive plan to engage families outside of Sunday Morning worship.
3. Develop relationships with parents and volunteers that encourage partnership.
4. Connect new families and children to the ministries and members of FPC.
5. Plan and administer all safety/security training for volunteers, including background checks.
6. Integrate family ministries into the total life of FPC.
Volunteers and Leadership
1. Recruit volunteers and develop teams to augment all ministry efforts.
2. Equip, train, and supervise volunteers as needed.
3. Develop strong working relationships with other FPC staff members.
1. Develop, submit, and stay within ministry budget.
2. Use social media and church communication channels to communicate events and ministry information.
1. Tasks not specifically listed may be required to successfully run the ministry.
2. Flexibility, creativity, and cooperation with the body of Christ.
Our thriving congregation is in a season of dynamic change and revitalization. We are passionate about our children and families. We desire to connect with emerging generations in new and creative ways. The new Director of Family Ministries & Outreach will have the freedom to pursue new initiatives and develop new strategies in partnership with the senior pastor. Our foremost desire is to immerse our children and students in the good news of Jesus Christ! We are willing to walk outside the box with you to realize that goal.
Applicants: Please send a cover letter that states why you are qualified for the job, a resume, and references to First Presbyterian Church; 301 Central Ave; Whitefish, MT 59937 or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Videos to introduce yourself are encouraged!