The Director of Group is responsible for developing volunteer leaders who will lead LifeGroups, Community Groups, and other groups. The Director of Groups works with the various levels of volunteers across Wooddale’s campuses to create an environment that fosters making more disciples for Jesus Christ through the avenue of groups. This role is a central ministry leadership role, reporting to the Discipleship Pastor, and will influence multi-site strategies to effectively minister to attenders. This role provides holistic leadership for all processes, volunteers, and staff that are part of the LifeGroup and Community Group ministry.
• Bachelor’s degree and divinity degree desirable.
• Strong knowledge of and passion for discipleship through the small group medium.
• Demonstrated proactive leadership qualities: anticipating opportunities and devising effective strategies and tactics to address all areas on the discipleship pathway of Wooddale Church.
• Commitment to the multiplication model of intentional relational discipleship in all areas of group life at Wooddale Church.
• Demonstrated ability to make disciples who make disciples.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to speak with confidence and organized in front of large gatherings.
• Proven ability to recruit leaders and lead a volunteer led small group and community group ministry.
• Organized, loves Jesus, and has a heart to see those who don’t yet know Jesus meet him.
• Excels at systems for follow-up and connecting people into next steps on the discipleship pathway that lead to life change.
• Demonstrated performance at developing, leading and being a thought leader for this ministry.
• Understands multi-generational gatherings. Ability to connect with multiple generations.
• Demonstrated character and skills useful in vocational Christian ministry.
• Subscribe to and affirm the Statement of Faith and Covenant of Wooddale Church.
• Be a regular participant in public worship at Wooddale Church.
• Remain a member in good standing of Wooddale Church.
• Significantly grow the Groups ministry to be the primary way 80% of the congregation is engaged in the ministry of Wooddale Church.
• Full responsibility for the Eden Prairie Community Group ministry, including:
• Overseeing a volunteer team that promotes community, evangelism and discipleship through our Sunday morning Community Groups.
• Recruit quality teachers to provide Bible-based instruction that aligns with Wooddale’s Statement of Faith, and supports Wooddale’s mission and vision for Community Groups.
• Maintain written plans and records of Community Group programs and events.
• Work with the Wooddale Church Communication and Connections Team to ensure Community Group schedules and activities are promoted in a way that makes sense with our overall communication plan.
• Meet regularly with Ministry Team Leadership to equip volunteer leaders.
• Teach in Adult Community Groups as needed.
• Oversite of LifeGroup Ministry across Wooddale’s campuses, including:
• Working with LifeGroup Directors, Coaches, Captains and Teammates.
• Recruit, train, and coach LifeGroup and Starting Point leaders and coaches for a volunteer led ministry.
• Produce and post effective, relevant, and engaging LifeGroup and Starting Point leader and coach resource materials.
• Develop sermon-based LifeGroup questions to complement the teaching pastor’s weekend messages and support the mission and vision of Wooddale Church.
• Love and serve LifeGroup and Starting Point leaders and coaches.
• Monitor the weekly communication process between group leadership and the LifeGroup coaches and Groups pastor to monitor group health.
• Plan and implement four quarterly LifeGroup leader meetings for the development and encouragement of LifeGroup leaders.
• Hold a monthly LifeGroup coaches meeting for the development and encouragement of LifeGroup coaches.
• Report on the effectiveness and health of LifeGroups as environments where disciples are making disciples. This includes oversight for how groups are progressing at moving people along a path toward spiritual maturity and supporting Wooddale’s definition of a disciple.
• Reports to Discipleship Pastor
• Relates to the Eden Prairie Campus pastors and leaders.
• Supervise lay staff involved in Community Group, LifeGroup and Starting Point Ministries.
• Coordinates with other members of the church staff.
EXPECTED WORK HOURS & TRAVEL
This position requires evening hours and consistent weekend work. It also requires the ability to commute and work at all campuses.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
We use E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.