1. Summary of Position:
The Director of Marketing and Communications will be responsible for developing and implementing a holistic marketing strategy to advance the ministry of Eastside in the communities we serve; while building a unified Communications Team of staff and volunteers who design and execute the strategies aligned with the Eastside brand to promote the ministry, vision and beliefs of Eastside.
2. Ministerial Functions:
● Provide management of ministry through controlling and maintaining the overall ministry objectives of departments and the church.
● Assists those with whom he/she ministers toward maturity in their faith by teaching the word of God in groups or one-on-one.
3. Supervisory Responsibilities:
● This job has supervisory responsibilities for the entire Communications Department overseeing the Graphic Designers, Communications Coordinators, Filmmaker, Digital Marketing Coordinator, Communications Manager and all contracted designers, videographers, interns, marketing specialists, and storytellers.
● Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Eastside’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees/interns; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees/interns; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
● Oversee Communications budget along with the Executive Director of Creative Arts
● Responsible for all Communications volunteers.
4. Duties and Responsibilities:
● Create and implement a high-level marketing strategy for Eastside as a whole and its 4 major outreach events
● Lead all marketing and communications meetings
● Protect, develop and maintain the Eastside brand in all visual communications
● Oversee all incoming internal ministry requests and projects
● Produce, design and oversee all marketing strategies for all campuses and events
● Oversee all promotions for all campuses and initiatives
● Produce copy for all promotional pieces
● Attend all Creative Arts planning meetings as needed
● Oversee the website and all social media accounts
● Work with Weekend Experience Producer to create series branding for all sermons and weekend assets
● Work closely with the Worship Pastor, Production Director, Weekend Experience Producer and Executive Director of Creative Arts to create outstanding weekend experiences and special events.
● Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
Eastside reserves the right to change job duties at any time. This job description is not designed to cover every job requirement.
● Strong assertive and experienced leader with relational giftedness
● Must have demonstrated a commitment to ministry through various ministerial or volunteer activities in a church or para-church setting.
● Must be considered a spiritual leader of the church by those who know him/her, both at Eastside and/or a previous church in which he/she has served as a minister or key volunteer.
● Be able to demonstrate that their ministry gifts are suited for a specific ministry role at Eastside.
● Believe, without reservation, that God has called him/her to serve on the Eastside staff in a ministerial capacity.
● Minimum of 5 years experience leading a communications or marketing team
● Proven track record of effective management of multiple teams in a complex environment
● History of successful team-building with various gift mixes – creatives, managers, programmers, etc.
● Strong influencer with the ability to bring direction to various types of leaders
● An integrated and mature spiritual journey
● Church ministry experience strongly desired
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Have marketing experience and expertise
6. Employment Understanding:
● Agreement to abide by ECC Personnel Manual and Policies, and to support, without reservation, the Vision and Beliefs Statement through conveying the Church’s message in his/her ministerial duties.
● Agreement to conduct himself/herself on and off the job in such a way that would honor Jesus Christ and would demonstrate spiritual leadership, supporting the Code of Conduct policy and being a positive representative of ECC.
● Agreement to perform job duties according to the theological beliefs and standards of Eastside.
● Will be expected to participate in continuing religious education to support his/her ministry of the Gospel.
● This Job Description will be reviewed at least annually with the position’s supervisor. This person will also write semi-annual 6×6 goals, obtaining supervisor approval.
● The skills of ministry and ministerial responsibilities of this individual will be reviewed on an annual basis along with his/her performance in other areas of responsibility.
● Remuneration including wages and benefits will be set, reviewed, and modified by the Senior Pastor and Leadership Team.
● Other duties assigned
7. Physical Demands & Work Environment:
● Must be able to sit for long periods of time
● Must be able to work in a loud fast-paced work environment