Lead the Youth & Families toward the vision and mission of Redeemer (RPC).
Salary & benefits commensurate with education & experience
Qualifications & Requirements:
• Demonstrated relational ability to lead and inspire people in a volunteer framework.
• Demonstrated strategic, organizational, shepherding, and managerial excellence.
• Demonstrated ability to lead ministries to Youth and their families
• Demonstrated ability to nurture the found and seek the lost.
• Strong working relationship with Senior Pastor, Ministry Trust & other staff.
• Strong understanding of the spiritual lives of adolescents.
• Servant-leader who is humble and receptive and meets the biblical qualifications for eldership (they may or may not serve as an elder)
Shepherd Youth and their Families
• Collaborate with Staff Leadership Team to develop and document a clear and coherent Philosophy of Ministry (POM) to youth in the framework of RPC’s POM & Session.
• Work with ministry staff to develop an aggressive vision of welcoming new students and their families to RPC Youth ministries.
• Have meaningful relationships with youth and families and equip others to do the same.
• Attend to the needs of Youth and families as they enter crises or transitions.
• Create avenues and forums for gaining feedback from families and Staff Leadership Team.
Maintain and Develop Present Youth Ministries of Redeemer
• Continue the following ministries of formation, community building and service:
o Large group for both middle school and high school students.
o Small groups, one-to-one disciple making and ongoing discipleship relationships.
o Sunday School programming.
o Offer camp, conference, retreat, mission and service opportunities.
o Work with sister PCA churches in our joint efforts in MS and HS.
• Clearly communicate the goals and purposes of each calendar event as they serve the body and resonate with the POM.
• Lead ministry projects, teams, or committees as determined by Staff Leadership Team. • Oversee paid and volunteer Youth Team as congregational shepherds, including Youth Intern(s) and ensuring at least one opposite gender assistant or intern.
• Participate in other Ministries as agreed on by Staff Leadership Team.
Integrate Youth into the full Life of Redeemer
• Recruit teams of volunteers to assist in the nurture of Redeemer’s youth.
• Take an active leadership role in Sunday morning worship and work with worship ministry to integrate students in the life of worship.
• Expand opportunities for Youth to be known and mentored within Redeemer.