The Director of Mission Advancement provides oversight of the day-to-day functioning of the advancement ministry area, to include, but not limited to: the execution of the annual fund, communication and marketing plans, information analytics, and preparation and presentation of reports for internal/external stakeholders and administrative projects and tasks. This position will have an immediate focus on implementing best practices and provide direction to the annual giving program for both individuals and churches. In collaboration with the Executive Director, the Director of Mission Advancement ensures that the fundraising systems and practices meet the strategic and practical needs of the mission area as well as the broader ECC; and provides the required mechanisms to accomplish goals.
This director will coordinate fundraising initiatives across the mission areas of the ECC and manage a personal portfolio of individual donors. This position works closely with various ECC staff to create marketing and communication strategies that produce unique engagement and stewardship opportunities that demonstrate the value and impact of philanthropic investment, increases revenues and drives philanthropic results.
* Manages the implementation and developments of the annual fund.
* Oversees advancement’s day-to-day activities, projects, events, constituent relations, and marketing and communications strategies.
* Maintains a portfolio of individual donors to cultivate, visit, and steward.
* Works collaboratively with the Director of Database Services to leverage data and information from Raiser’s Edge for accurate and innovative report production.
* Collaborates with Executive Director in developing strategies for effective stewardship of donors, including proper reporting to donors, monitoring use of funds, ensuring appropriate recognition and engaging donors at special events.
* Monitors mission area’s budget and ensure compliance with fiscal responsibilities.
* Increase annual unrestricted and donor-directed giving, as defined by annual work plans, objectives and goals.
* Engages in analytics and strategy response to enhance stakeholder engagements. This includes, but not limited to: tracking, querying, reporting and presenting church and individual giving data to leadership or other constituents as requested.
* Meet with churches in person, as part of 3StrandStrong church engagement program, as needed.
* Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Advancement.
Experience and Skills:
Education and Experience
Required: A bachelor’s degree or comparable experience. Minimum five-year engagement in an
advancement environment with heavy customer service emphasis, including donor visits resulting in
gifts. Experience and knowledge with Raiser’s Edge and Moves Management system. Personal
engagement with the ECC preferred (minimum of 3-5 years). Proficiency in Microsoft and Windows
applications, databases development and management.
Preferred: Type a minimum of 55 words per minute.
* Knowledge, proven ability and comfortableness engaging with a wide variety of donors.
* Leadership capability to coordinate multiple fundraising efforts across organizational teams.
* Excels in attention to detail with high level of accuracy in the preparation of documents, reports,
* Excellent management and people skills to embrace diversity of schedules, backgrounds, formats,
* Uses critical thinking skills, applying logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of
alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to address challenges.
* Detail oriented, strong organization, prioritization and time-management skills are eminent.
* Works well under pressure and is able to accomplish multiple tasks, with conflicting priorities and
timelines. Ability to track and report progress on a wide range of tasks, simultaneously.
* Ability to respond to and deal with a range of ad hoc queries/requests.
* Ability to operate with discretion and confidentiality at all times.
* Maintains flexibility in approach and adjusts actions when appropriate.
* Capable of utilizing various office machines and computer applications to expedite daily operations,
procedures, or tasks.
* Mastery of Microsoft and Windows applications, databases development and managements.
* Self-starter, with the ability to work independently.
Able to work well in professional office setting, but occasionally works in remote locales. Occasional
domestic travel and weekend engagements. Must be versatile and able to work for prolong segments
sitting or standing. Must engage frequently with office tools and equipment, such as: computer, copier,
phone, web-conferencing equipment, cell communication, printers, etc. Must be able to occasionally lift
or move items, less than 35lbs.; and using machinery to move boxes and crates (Pallets, dolly etc.)
Occasionally, pack and unpack, move and lift boxes that contain fundraising materials and supplies.