About This Role:
The role of the PVPC Director of Music & Arts is to:
• Report to and assist the Senior Pastor in leading all aspects of the worship life within the PVPC family, which involves envisioning, equipping, and mobilizing the musical talents of contract musicians and volunteers.
• Develop a music ministry that is inspiring, relevant to our culture, ties well with the other elements of worship, and engaging which encourages the congregation to enter into corporate and personal worship to the glory of God (Colossians 3:16).
• Be the primary leader and mentor for all musicians and other creative arts volunteers.
• Serve as the key coordinator for all weekend as well as weekday service elements.
• Assist in other creative efforts of the church (Student Ministry Worship Team, stage design, video production, etc.).
Primary Responsibilities and Tasks:
Support the Senior Pastor and all other church staff. This calls for love, respect, honesty, professionalism, humility, team spirit, and a strong work ethic.
2. Oversee worship, creative arts, production and service programming for all services (which may include Wednesday evening high school student worship services).
3. Work closely with the pastor to develop themes and integrate creative elements into a cohesive message that supports the sermon series and other areas of church life.
4. Discover and introduce new songs to congregation that are biblically and theologically sound; songs that are relevant to our philosophy, style and culture. 5. Build, direct, coordinate, and develop the band (musicians and vocalists); create a high-quality worship ministry through the recruiting and developing of instrumentalists and vocalists; train and/or facilitate training for singers and instrumentalists.
6. Lead weekly rehearsals for the band and schedule team members.
7. Post chord charts, MP3s, and other necessary elements for the band each week.
8. Assist with providing music at occasional services such as weddings, funerals, etc., or arrange for others to do so.
9. Manage and maintain the musical instruments and music technology equipment, keeping up to date with developments. Supervise the maintenance and acquisition of music and equipment (i.e., live streaming capabilities).
10. Manage the music budget in accordance with the financial policies of the church and practice good stewardship of the funds utilized.
11. Build and maintain a library of music, support materials, and license agreements, etc.
12. Develop and lead the production team in brainstorming, scheduling, and implementing creative arts ideas into the worship services, ensuring that content and creativity match and are planned at an appropriate pace.
13. Oversee the setup and operation of sound, lights, and video for main (adult) services.
14. Oversee graphics and videos, ensuring that projects are completed on schedule.
15. Set annual goals for the music/worship ministry that align with the overall mission, vision, and church-wide annual goals.
16. Pastor, coach, mentor, train and care for all worship team volunteers and key leaders.
Strengths & Skillset:
1. Proficiency in various musical instruments, singing – both solo and group settings.
2. Passionate about bringing God’s people close to His heart in worship. Worship is rehearsing and meditating on divine providence.
3. Technically minded and leadership focused.
4. A “team player” with a positive attitude, high-energy and strong interpersonal skills; a team builder with experience in supervising, motivating, and encouraging others in the work of ministry.
5. Able to keep calm under pressure and respond in a measured way in stressful situations.
6. Conducts life with the utmost integrity in all situations.
7. Able to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
8. Proven organizational and administrative skills.
9. Able to set realistic goals and targets and be able to set a pace of work that is sustainable in the long-term.
10. Proficient in Planning Center & Pro-Presenter.
1. This position reports to the Senior Pastor.
2. This position supervises contracted and volunteer musicians, vocalists, and tech support team members.
While not specifically related to the job, here are some personal responsibilities of everyone on staff at PVPC.
• Maintain God–ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, your children third and the ministry fourth.
• Become a member of PVPC and participate in the community and activities of PVPC on a consistent basis.
• Be a generous giver, in all respects, toward the mission and vision of PVPC.
• Be loyal to the vision and staff of PVPC and always protect the unity of the church.
• Demonstrate a Christ–like attitude through all interactions with congregation, staff, and volunteers.
• Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus and come to PVPC. Expose non–believers to the people of God and the Word of God!
Schedule & Compensation:
This is a full–time, salaried position (approximately 40–45 hours a week, with four days spent in the office and one day of approved flexible working location). Competitive salary and benefit specifics will be provided in the interview process. Salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
Submit your resume by emailing. Please provide a link to a sample
of you leading worship and other musical/vocal abilities.