Shiloh Church Operations Director
The Operations Director actively supports the church’s core values, mission statement, vision and various ministries. A major part of the job involves handling the day to day operations of the church and working with the Shiloh Leadership Team and executive staff to manage money by dealing with budgets, bills, payroll and cash flow. The person in this role is also responsible to provide effective, efficient and sound leadership in the stewardship and management of all assets; campus, facility, property and information.
The operations director has responsibilities that are similar to those of a business manager. The operations director manages support staff and oversees buildings and grounds maintenance. The operations director manages building use and scheduling and strives to minimize risks and liabilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Church Administrator
- Works with the Shiloh Leadership Team and its Finance Chair to develop a budget, account for purchases and manage cash flow.
- Oversees the payroll for all employees of the church.
- Keeps personnel records; hires and fires church support staff members.
- Works directly with the pastor and Shiloh Leadership Team and its Staff/Parish Relations Chair to support the executive staff.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Displays strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Has excellent mathematical abilities.
- Pays close attention to detail and has excellent record keeping abilities.
- Possesses strong technological abilities and has knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Has the ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and is able to apply standard bookkeeping skills and accepted accounting practices.
- Has knowledge of and supports the church’s mission statement, beliefs and commitment.
- Basic understanding of risk management, safety and security fundamentals.
- Unquestionable integrity in character, actions and words required.
Education and Experience
- Associate degree in business or accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or religious studies.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with similar duties
- Experience in the human resources field considered a plus.
- Working hours are flexible but must adapt to other’s schedules at times.
- The position is part-time and does not provide insurance benefits.
- A complete office is provided with all needed resources.
- Faces various deadlines associated with publications and finances.
- Physical ability to lift up to twenty (20) pounds.
The Shiloh Operations Director will be a vital part of fulfilling God’s purpose for Shiloh and its family. All candidates will receive prayerful consideration. However, it is not a position for one who desires full-time, “bread-winner” employment. As with all positions at Shiloh, there is hope that growth will lead to new possibilities.