Church of the Savior CRC is seeking a Director of Outreach and Youth Ministries to serve the local South Bend / Mishawaka region.
The Director of Outreach and Youth Ministries will be primarily responsible for overseeing and/or implementing ongoing and new outreach ministries to serve the local South Bend / Mishawaka region. This includes especially directing the Jr. High and Sr. High Youth Groups at Church of the Savior with a vision for the integration of youth programs and community outreach. We seek a candidate who is committed to Jesus Christ and his church, prayerful and Spirit-led, and growing in the fruit of the Spirit. He or she will be able to work well on a leadership team and motivate others to share in the responsibilities necessary for a thriving church community.
Position Status: Full Time – 40 hours; salary + benefits
Reports to: Minister of the Word, Rev. Dr. Christina Rea
The Director of Outreach and Youth Ministries will partner with the Outreach team to offer God’s grace to people in the South Bend / Mishawaka regional community. Specifically, the Director of Outreach and Youth Ministries will facilitate congregational involvement and support of both current and developing outreach opportunities and partnerships in the following ways:
· Partner with staff to promote a spirit of mission and outreach in all areas of church ministry and life and to promote a climate of outreach within the church body as a whole, challenging the congregation to explore new ideas and ministry opportunities in our community.
· Work with the Deacon Board to develop, enhance, and maintain strategic mission partnerships locally and globally.
· Foster ways in which members of the youth group function as active participants in outreach ministries and partnerships.
The Director of Outreach and Youth Ministries will have the freedom to develop their vision for an enriching Youth Ministry at Church of the Savior, from birth through twelfth grade. The ideal candidate will engage with youth group members at church, school, extracurricular activities and elsewhere to develop relationships that enable discipleship for the development of faith. The following responsibilities describe the general parameters to guide in the development of youth ministry programs.
· Develop an engaging program for members of the Jr. and Sr. high youth groups including regular meetings, periodic (monthly) outreach and/or social events, and annual retreats.
· Coordinate outreach opportunities that encourage youth and congregational integration for volunteer work, service projects, and community involvement during both the academic year and semester and summer breaks.
· Work with the Education team to oversee events, plan curriculum and implement programs for children’s ministries from birth through grade 5.
· Coordinate, supervise, and/or train volunteers as appropriate including scheduling, confirmation of participation, and evaluation of participants’ effectiveness on the teams where they serve.
· Effectively administer programs for which the Director of Outreach and Youth Ministries is directly responsible including the observance of budgetary parameters and the annual design and/or revision of program budgets.
· Complete other administrative tasks as necessary.
Required Skills and Dispositions
· Faithfulness to Christian practices including and especially, prayer, scripture reading, and the practice of other spiritual disciplines.
· Strong communication skills both interpersonally and across multiple formal and informal media platforms; excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Self-motivated, creative, accountable, and attentive to detail.
· Vision for excellence in and desire to identify best practices for all ministries and programs overseen by the Director of Outreach and Youth Ministries.
· Willingness to live locally, fulfill Church of the Savior membership requirements, and actively participate in the life of the church.
· Participates in and engages the riches of the Reformed theological tradition.
Applications will be considered upon submission and are due by July 30, 2022.