Chatham Community Church in Pittsboro, NC is in search of their next Director of Student Ministries. This position is a dual role responsible for developing the middle and high school ministries, as well as about a fourth of time spent going towards a ‘plus’ role that will is a good fit for the candidate’s skill set and benefit this multisite, big-tent church.
What you’ll be doing:
- Helping middle and high school students connect with God and with each other to engage their worlds for good
- Leading Sunday night gatherings for middle and high school students
- Leading mission trips
- Coordinating students attending summer camp and other special events
- Leading the team of adult volunteers
- Ten hours/week going towards a “plus” role that would be a good fit in terms of the candidate’s skill set and would fill a role for the church
Skills you’ll need to have:
- A love for students and ability to build rapport with them
- Be a team player with both staff and volunteers
- Comfortable in an environment with a strong theological core around Jesus but with a wide range of latitude around secondary issues.
- Commitment to evangelism and personal discipleship as well as engaging with issues of race and justice
- A heart for both discipling already-Christian students as well as evangelism and outreach to an underserved student population in our community.
- Some biblical and theological educational background helpful but not required
- Strong plus for online/digital ministry development skills
Chatham is a fantastic place to live. If you’d prefer a more suburban experience, both Chapel Hill and Apex are only a few minutes away. If you’d prefer quiet and land, there’s plenty of that. Schools for the kids are very good and there are good employment opportunities for a spouse within commuting distance.
Does this sound like a place you’d like to serve? Apply here: