Grace of Christ Presbyterian Church is seeking an individual who is a whole-hearted follower of Christ in love, word and deed. The Director of Student Ministries is directly responsible for the High School and Middle School Ministries by reaching students, teaching them about Jesus and sending them out to love others.
The individual in this role will serve the students, staff, volunteer leaders and families of student ministries as a spiritual encourager, vision setter, and teacher. They are responsible for the overall direction, coordination and administration of High School and Middle School Ministries.
A Youth Director is able to perform various duties and responsibilities in order to minister to youth. Our Youth Director should be a strong servant leader working directly with students and is an expert in training youth volunteers. The following are some of the responsibilities he/she should be able to execute:
• Provide and implement a Biblically-based curriculum which will facilitate spiritual growth, train students to be future faith-filled leaders, with an emphasis on “Loving God & Loving Others.” This might include but not limited to meetings, mission outings, overnights, camp trips, etc.
• Work to create and maintain a balance between home church students and outreach students.
• Recruit and train volunteer youth leaders.
• Be a living example of Christ centered fellowship; knowing the students and their families personally and maintaining relationships inside and out of church.
• Be a team player in regards to the GOC staff and youth volunteer team.
• Maintain a clean, positive and safe environment for students.
• Be available to counsel and advise students and volunteer leaders.
• Effectively plan and communicate events to the youth, families and church, using a variety of methods.
• Manage the Youth Budget, and all fund-raising events.
Responsible To Senior Pastor, Personnel Committee and Session
Salary: $35,000 + depending on experience.
Send resume via email. [email protected]