Department: Audio Visual Production
Job Title: Director of Technical Production
Reports to: Executive Pastor/Dir. Of Operations
Type of position: Hours 40 / week
To supervise and coordinate all aspects of Audio and Visual needs for St. Andrew Church, ensuring AV support is provided for all events (church related or outside parties).
- Ensure all AV needs are met for all worship services, special events, classes, memorials and other programs, as well as events sponsored by outside groups renting facility.
- Serves as a contact person for all St. Andrew staff and congregation about audio and visual needs.
- Ensure proper storage and maintenance of all AV equipment.
- Attends weekly Directors meetings and Worship Team meetings.
- Creates and implements slide presentations every week for the worship services.
- Manages AV budget and purchases necessary equipment and supplies.
- Trains and supervises volunteer staff to assist with events requiring AV support.
- Creation and distribution of worship/sermon recordings, promotional video content and other digital content through YouTube, St. Andrew website, social media, podcasts and other visual media.
Experience with both Hardware and Software audio environments.
Understanding of live audio reinforcement as well as recording engineering.
Basic knowledge of video editing techniques.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Ability to supervise and mentor volunteers. Ability to effectively communicate with children and adults.
Must be able to lift, pull and push up to 25 pounds. Ability to move chairs and equipment, perform AV set-ups, climb ladder.
Responsible for ensuring coverage of all events requiring AV support. This may include nights and weekends. Flexibility of regular working hours dependent on events requiring coverage.
Educational background with an emphasis on Audio Visual.
Regular presence at St. Andrew. Available for contact through phone and email when not present.