The position of Director of Worship/Media will be a full-time paid position. The director is supervised by the senior pastor. In coordination with the senior pastor and the elders, the director will coordinate the inputs of the worship service into one overall service. The director leads a worship team of singers, instrument players, audio and visual technicians and the media team. Therefore, the director needs to be able to communicate well, delegate responsibilities, develop a team, and provide vision and coaching that builds and grows all areas of their responsibility.
The Director of Worship/Media has the authority and freedom to oversee all worship and media related actions in the church. The Worship Leader is responsible to supervise the planning, selection, rehearsal and lead the Worship Service, holiday worship services and the support of additional worship services. The Director of Worship/Media maintains transparency of planned music with the senior pastor and elders to assure lyrics are biblically sound.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him. Expected to meet the Scriptural qualification of a deacon as found in 1 Timothy 3:8-13.
- Provide a worship experience that leads the church into the presence of God as guided by the Holy Spirit
- Ensure the discipleship of the worship ministry team
- Applies an understanding of music theory
- Develop the talents of the ministry team
- Select music, schedule singers and instrumentalists for worship service.
- Manage and develop the media area of the church which will include, but is not limited to, sound, multi-media/video, stage setting/placement, social media, and music.
- Develop and deliver the social media presence of WHCC, which will include the WHCC website, Facebook page, Twitter account and other social media avenues. Includes the training of the staff and ministry team leaders concerning the updating of material for social media. It should not involve more than a few hours per week on average
- Attend staff meetings and church functions each week as scheduled
- Develop your own spiritual life through participation of Bible classes and Life Groups
- Prepare an annual budget and adhere to the budget for worship and media.
- Expected to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Works closely with the Senior Pastor in coordinating the flow of the worship service. Through Senior Pastor, provides monthly updates to the elders at ministry meeting.
- Any all duties assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- The worship leader will also have opportunity to develop other ministries they are passionate about.
Salary is commensurate with experience, duties, and responsibilities.
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, including experience appropriate to the position, and a vlog/short video introducing yourself, share your testimony, and demonstrate your ability to lead a song with instrument and vocals.