Responsible for leading worship on Sunday mornings as well as special worship events for a multi-generational, multi-cultural congregation using classic as well as contemporary music. Facilitator of the Worship and Music Ministries (WAMM) leadership team. Coordinates worship planning to ensure that worship is Christ-centered, blessing God and blessing the congregation. Makes music a vital and intimate part of worship by bringing together a variety of elements in keeping with the vision of the WAMM team. Leads musicians to contribute to the best of their abilities, striving for excellence, not a human-focused performance. This position reports to the Senior Pastor and is a part time position of approximately 20-25 hours per week.
Personal and Spiritual Requirements
- Meets the Scriptural qualifications for leadership as outlined in the By-laws
- Passionate love for God evidenced by the Fruit of the Spirit
- Clear willingness to submit to the Scripture on all matters
- Willingness to work cooperatively and respectfully as a team with the entire ministry staff
- Agreement with the Constitution and the By-laws of LifePoint Church
- Clear desire to help the LifePoint Church fulfill its vision in all areas
Plan and coordinate the music ministry
- Lead weekly worship service with both classic and contemporary music or provide a substitute leader
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Facilitate the WAMM leadership team in planning music, including special music for weekly services
- Assist in planning special worship services including seasonal music concerts
- Competent in the use of current technology to enhance the worship experience
- Maintain the music library and supervise the replacement and maintenance of musical instruments.
- Provide support for funeral/memorial services as requested by the families
- Administer annual music budget and submit new annual music budget for approval
Supervise and direct the worship teams
- Schedule worship and tech teams each month.
- Direct the weekly rehearsals for the worship teams and recruit new team members as needed.
- Supervise choir director, accompanists, sound/visual tech team as needed.
- Coordinate with Children’s Ministry Staff for children’s music presentation in worship services.