Second Presbyterian Church, Little Rock, is a vibrant and loving church in search of a full-time Director of Youth & Young Adult Ministries. The church offers generous benefits and a great work environment with caring colleagues. We will support and encourage you in ministry, while you lead the youth & young adults. Second Church loves to nurture young leaders and looks forward to finding our next Director of Youth & You.
Purpose: To provide for the faith development and youth and young adults; to coordinate the many aspects of youth and young adult programs including organization and administrative detail; to be a Christian role model; and to relate to a variety of youth and adult in church and community.
• Maintain the focus of youth ministry on nurturing youth in their growth as followers of Christ.
• Oversee all activities and programs for 7th-12th graders including summer trips, mission involvement, retreats, youth group, fundraisers and Sunday school programs.
• Encourage participation among enrolled youth as well as growing the program.
• Ensure youth meetings and retreats are properly staffed
• Provide short-term counseling to students, leaders and parents; listen and encourage each group as they deal with life’s difficulties and decisions.
• Provide leadership for Confirmation and for the Middle School and High School Sunday school classes with curriculum selection, Biblical knowledge and theological insight.
• Design and lead Youth Sunday in collaboration with pastoral support. Encourage and coordinate youth leadership in worship.
• Coordinate the college and young adult ministry serving couples and singles
• Serve as coordinator, visionary and communicator for young adult ministries
• Coordinate mission opportunities for young adults
• Prove an ongoing connection for young adults and college
• Plan, promote, coordinate and delegate church and social activities for the young adult ministry; explore other ways of connecting with young adults.
• Work collegially and collaboratively with church staff and leadership. Participate in staff and Youth and Young Adult Ministry meetings to hear feedback, provide updates on the ministry area, and work in partnership with other staff and lay leaders.
• Participate in the life of the Presbytery.
• Coordinate youth and young adult programs with other church activities
• Recruit, train, equip and nurture volunteers
• Develop and maintain the “control documents” of the youth and young adult ministries including volunteer job descriptions, youth and leader directories, and programming calendars.
• Oversee publicity of youth and young adult initiatives.
• Establish, implement and oversee social media presence
• Manage programs within budget, following the church’s administrative protocols and procedures.
• Identify and cultivate leadership opportunities for youth and young adults to be active in the full life of the congregation and community.
• Provide vision, planning, implementation and evaluation for youth and young adult programming in conversation and collaboration with staff colleagues
• Maintain contact and provide formative experiences with college-aged students who attended Second Pres
• Assist, create and implement transition and formative plans for rising 6th and rising 9th graders including SPY Kids (5th/6th graders)
• Maintain positive, healthy relationships with youth, youth families, young adults, volunteers, colleagues, Session and Presbytery.