POSITION FOCUS: Students in grades 6–12, their parents, as well as their peers.
POSITION PURPOSE: The purpose of the director/pastor of youth position is to: 1) reach young people with the good news of Christ,
2) connect them with others in our church community to help them grow in their faith,
3) encourage them to live their lives as mission by helping them discover how they can serve and honor God with their lives.
LENGTH OF SERVICE COMMITMENT: Four years minimum
CHARACTERISTICS & ABILITIES
● Strong Christian character that is exemplified through hard–work, teamwork, honesty, peacemaking, and integrity.
● Teachable spirit that listens to and learns from others around him.
● Able to reach and unify students from multiple school districts.
● Have the ability to assess current ministry structures and provide a plan that ensures a smooth transition.
● Possess an outgoing personality that can easily engage with youth and adults with healthy relational boundaries.
● Proven ability to gather and rally people.
● Articulate and effective at public speaking.
● Sensitive to the needs and pressures of teens, with the ability to offer biblical wisdom and to provide appropriate resources.
● Enjoy the challenges of youth ministry and desire collaborative and fruitful relationships with students and their families.
● Able to adapt and adjust well to the changing needs in a daily and a weekly schedule.
● Able to collaborate with multiple leaders and teams to accomplish a variety of goals.
● Savvy in digital communication, with a proficient knowledge of social media.
● A saving, tested, and maturing faith in Christ.
● A commitment to the Reformed faith as it is articulated in the Westminster Confession of Faith and the Larger
and Shorter Catechisms.
● At least 3 years of significant and successful experience in developing youth/student ministries, paid or unpaid.
● A Bachelor’s degree from a four–year university or college.
● A willingness to pursue an M.Div. and ordination in the PCA if he has not done so already.
● Exceptional interpersonal skills as well as strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong servant/leader skills among youth, volunteers, parents, as well as any staff that may eventually come under his oversight.
● The ability to maintain trust and biblical confidentiality.
● Ability and desire to work flexible hours.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Evaluate Cahaba Park’s youth ministry offerings and structure, provide recommendations, and implement steps to accomplish goals for current and future youth ministry.
● Develop a multi-tiered approach for reaching and equipping youth with Gospel in their different ages and stages of life.
● Teach and oversee various youth Sunday School classes and small group Bible studies.
● Lead effective student growth through evangelism, worship, fellowship, discipleship, bible studies, mission opportunities, and community service.
● Regularly engage with students and their peers on “their ground” through attending ball games, plays, recitals, and other events that are a part of their lives.
● Engage regularly with Cahaba Park’s youth and their families through fun activities and relationship building initiatives, including the strengthening of relationships between families.
● Establish healthy, effective, and efficient communication channels with parents to encourage their child’s faith, spiritual growth, church membership, and participation in youth activities.
● Spearhead the recruiting, mentoring, and equipping of volunteers to support the youth ministry.
● Support and promote all of Cahaba Park’s ministry objectives and policies.
● Regularly update parents on ministry strategies and plans to encourage parental involvement.
● Participate with other youth ministries and events in Evangel Presbytery.
● Other responsibilities may be assigned by the Executive Pastor.
This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements as these may change as the ministry evolves.
TO APPLY: Please submit your resume, a brief testimony, and three references to the email with subject “CPC Youth Position” on the email.