The Outreach and Discipleship Pastor will envision, lead, and develop the outreach and discipleship strategy of Bright Christian Church – assisting guests and members with growing deeper in a thriving relationship with Christ. This pastor will focus on Sports and Fitness as one of the primary means to reach people in our community, build relationships, introduce them to Christ, and disciple them in their next steps to grow in their relationship with Christ and Bright Christian Church.
- Provide direct oversight and leadership for Sports Outreach events, leagues, ministries, etc.
- Craft an inspiring Sports Outreach annual strategic plan and ongoing vision that grows an effective method to reach lost people with the hope and love of Jesus Christ.
- Invest in the ongoing recruitment and training of volunteer leaders who will minister to their sports team members and leverage the opportunity of sports to connect them in a relationship with Jesus.
- Develop relationships within the local community that provides entry points of connecting BCC sports with those outside the church.
- Coordinate the follow-up of first and second-time visitors.
- Coordinate the distribution and follow-up of new member materials.
- Coordinate the follow-up of connection card information by appropriate ministry leaders, ensuring a proper response is taken for requests of information, etc.
- Assimilate new people to BCC through various opportunities of volunteering, deeper learning, and community.
- Assist in mentoring Youth Minister.
- Serve as the point person of the Life Group Ministry.
- On-going recruitment and training of Life Group leaders who will lead groups of 14+/- individuals.
- Coordinate the disbursement of appropriate curriculum for Life Groups.
- Provide entry points and help people get into a Life Group, forming new groups when necessary.
The Discipleship Pastor is also expected to be involved in the following ministry areas.
- Preaching / participating from the platform in worship services, as needed.
- Teaching classes on a periodic basis.
- Making evangelistic calls on prospective visitors.
- Involved with disciple making, training, and mentoring others to rise to leadership level.
- Visiting with the church family in homes, hospitals, etc.
- Be available for counseling as needs arise.
- Conduct funeral services and wedding ceremonies, as needed.
- Cooperate with the elders, deacons, and staff members in promoting the entire ministry of Bright Christian Church.
- Be involved in leading ministry opportunities away from Bright Christian Church.
- Participate in special programs at Bright Christian Church.
- Support the works of ministries of the Bright Christian Church by practicing the Biblical model of stewardship of time, talents, and finances.
Responsible to: Lead Pastor
- Degree from a Restoration Movement Christian College
- 3-5 Years’ Experience in Ministry a Plus
- Background in Youth Ministry a Plus