Overview: The Discipleship director is responsible for all adult ministries. The director will create a comprehensive plan for intellectual, spiritual, and practical growth in our congregation.
1. A deep and abiding commitment to Jesus Christ and His call into ministry
2. A willingness to minister to a diversity of individuals
3. A gift to share God’s infallible, life-changing Word
4. Masters in Divinity or Education preferred. Comparable Bachelors degree also considered
1. Experience in recruiting, organizing, leading, and discipling volunteers
2. Experience in teaching small and large groups
1. Women’s Ministries: Bloom, Winning Over Widowhood, Bible studies, mentoring, retreats and events, etc.
2. Men’s Ministries: Bible studies, mentoring, retreats and events, etc.
3. Other Adult Ministries: Sunday school, prayer groups, library, various seminars, etc.
4. Small Groups : Develop and promote small group opportunities for members and friends of WEPC
5. New Member Classes for Adults and Youth
6. Outreach: Vision-casting with pastors and organizing events that help the church reach out to our community and beyond
7. Other responsibilities as assigned by pastors
1. Budget: Set and manage budget lines for above ministries
2. Coordinate: Schedule times and locations for all above ministries
3. Curriculum, materials, and resources: Identify, order, evaluate, and maintain high quality materials for above ministries
Report to pastors, Christian Growth elders, Session, and staff
Use a variety of strategies to keep the congregation be informed about discipleship opportunities Meet regularly with pastors and elders for support, coordination, and evaluation
Recruit, train, and equip teachers and discipleship volunteers Provide regular workshops and seminar opportunities
Work with volunteer leaders to cast vision and set direction
Provide encouragement to volunteers through use of various verbal and written communications and special recognitions
Provide support to leaders and groups through regular mentoring and feedback
Review current ministries and materials on an ongoing basis Assess effectiveness of volunteers
Coordinate and direct new ministries as vision and resources are available
Submit Cover Letter and Resume