Relationship with Jesus Christ and passion to facilitate growth in discipleship among the people of FBC Decatur. Embrace and promote Mission of FBC: Reach People and Make Disciples. Relevant experience working in discipleship ministry and Christian Education, experience in recruiting and leading volunteers, positive interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills; be self-motivated to excel within team culture.
Seek EXCELLENCE while leading and strengthening the Discipleship and Education Ministry at FBC.
Expectations of the Position:
- Research best practices for in-reach/outreach events to grow the ministry.
- Recruitment and training of teachers and ministry volunteers.
- Lead Education Team to have a holistic ministry from birth to completion of high school.
- Continue to expand the Discipleship Groups to involve more people to promote daily reading of God’s Word.
- Connect with D-Group leaders and Sunday school leaders to support and encourage them.
- Contact prospects/guests weekly.
- Provide resources for D-Group leaders and Sunday school teachers.
- Demonstrate Christian lifestyle and serve as an encouragement to the church.
- Give direction to and be involved in a pastoral care for persons involved in D-Group and Sunday school leadership.
- Reports to the Pastor.
- Supervises Director of Preschool Ministry, Children’s Minister, Student Minister, and Women’s Ministry Associate.
This description in no way states or implies those duties above are the only tasks to be performed. Employees are expected to follow directions, perform duties requested by supervisor and support all areas of church.