Overview: Lead and oversee all aspects of the church’s discipleship/ministry programs with an emphasis on the children’s, youth, and family ministries.
- Born again Christian who feels a call by God into ministry.
- In accordance with his call to ministry he must meet the scriptural qualifications found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Strong organizational, communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with the Senior Pastor in implementing the overall church mission/theme.
- Ability to build and lead volunteer teams.
- Good grasp of effective and biblical methods for making disciples who make disciples.
- Build and maintain a culture of disciples making disciples within each ministry of the church.
- Select, implement, and maintain discipleship programs for every age group within the church.
- Oversee and lead Discover Statham, assimilating new worshipers with the church and our mission and purpose.
- Lead and coach the Ministry Team; this would include but is not limited to, running meetings, managing calendar of events, assisting ministries with event planning and execution, planning and carrying out training, and developing new ministry leaders.
- Develop and manage the Ministry Team budget.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor
Expectations of church leadership:
- Must be a member of SFBC.
- Regularly attends worship services and supports other ministries of the church.
- Regularly supports the church financially with tithes and offerings.
- Demonstrates a growing / consistent relationship with the Lord.
- Has completed the “No Sweat Discipleship” course.
- Committed to and actively supports the Mission and Core Values of the church.
- Committed and dedicated to the church and the specific areas they serve in.
- Serves in ministry areas of their giftedness.
- Demonstrates true leadership, publicly supporting the church and avoiding gossip and activities that promote disunity.