· Personal discipleship opportunities
· Preaching opportunities with responsive feedback and evaluation (where available)
· Opportunities to assist in congregational discipleship processes
· Regular Sunday congregational responsibilities and personal experience in the development of Sunday worship services.
· Opportunities to assist in visitation and pastoral care (where available)
· Opportunities to participate in church outreach events by supporting volunteers and church staff
· Regular mentorship meetings with the local pastor, other local pastors, and the High Desert Baptist Association.
· Opportunities to learn about and assist with administrative and organizational aspects of church life
· Southern Baptist Associated Seminary Tuition Discount. STC is a proud partner of the Cooperative Program.
· Pastoral Ordination Path Optional
· STC sponsored church planting available to those who are interested.Applicant Qualifications:
· Committed to pursuing vocational ministry in the context of a local congregation
· In agreement with the Baptist Faith & Message 2000 and Sovereign Trinity Church’s Statement of Faith.
· In good personal standing with his/her church and/or seminary or college (if applicable)
· Have at least on reference from a faculty member at his/her seminary or college (if applicable) and one reference from his/her pastor. (If applicable)
Please submit the following items by email.
2) Picture of yourself (and family if applicable)
3) Philosophy of Ministry
1 Timothy 3:1-7
This saying is trustworthy: “If anyone aspires to be an overseer, he desires a noble work.” 2 An overseer, therefore, must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, self-controlled, sensible, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 3 not an excessive drinker, not a bully but gentle, not quarrelsome, not greedy. 4 He must manage his own household competently and have his children under control with all dignity. 5 (If anyone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he take care of God’s church?) 6 He must not be a new convert, or he might become conceited and incur the same condemnation as the devil. 7 Furthermore, he must have a good reputation among outsiders, so that he does not fall into disgrace and the devil’s trap.