Role Mission Statement:
To provide strategic project and operational support to the Lead Pastor, and to oversee and lead the various teams for Adult Ministry, Missions, Safety, Finance, and Human Resources.
Ministry Responsibilities Summary:
In conjunction with the Lead Pastor’s direction and vision, and in collaboration with other senior leadership “LEAD” team members, the Executive Associate Pastor (EAP) will collaborate with the appropriate ministry team members and staff to carry out the goals of Trinity’s Session. The EAP will ordinarily serve as the acting Head of Staff when called upon by the Lead Pastor, take on special projects as requested by the Lead Pastor, preach occasionally, and perform regular pastoral duties.
Primary Duties (80%):
- Oversee staff and budget for these ministry teams: Adult Discipleship, Evangelism, Equipping, Global Mission and Community Provide creative and strategic leadership, guidance and support to the staff and ministry teams in these areas. Collaborate with ministry team staff members and other resources to teach classes and develop programs that engage, equip and empower growth and ministry in these areas. [45% of time]
- The EAP will have designated responsibility from the Lead Pastor to serve on the Human Resources Committee. In that role, they will resource the HR team and Trinity staff on behalf of the Lead The LEAD team reports to the Lead Pastor but the EAP will have delegated responsibility to supervise the Director of Business and Operations for day-to-day finance and personnel matters. [~15% of time]
- Oversee and provide support to the Elders for the following ministry areas: Human Resources, Safety and Hospitality, and Finance, Stewardship, Investment, Audit Review, and Planned [10% time]
- Work with the Lead Pastor, LEAD Team, Session, and other teams as assigned in an advisory role to develop Trinity vision and ministry guidelines and make recommendations for directional [5% of time]
- Serve as a teaching elder representative for Trinity by joining with other churches in our presbytery/denomination to achieve ECO’s missional [5% of time]
Secondary Duties (20%):
- Serve as Acting Head of Staff in the absence of the Lead
- Plan, implement and oversee special projects as directed by the Lead
Description of Schedule: Salaried, exempt, full-time; attend monthly meetings, some at night. Is an active and committed member of the Trinity family including participation in weekly Sunday worship. Is an active member of and involved in Presbytery and Synod, as appropriate.
Education, Experience & Training Required:
- Minimum Educational
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Master of Divinity (M. ) from an accredited seminary
- Ordination as a minister of the Word and Sacrament in ECO: A Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians or ordination in a recognized denominational equivalent that would be recognized by ECO for
- At least five years of vocational church ministry
Personal Faith and Theological Commitment:
- A personal commitment to and vibrant faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and our Triune
- A firm commitment to accept and adhere to the Essential Tenets and Confessional Standards of ECO: A Covenant Order of Evangelical
- A demonstrably Christian lifestyle consistent with ECO’s standards
Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent leadership
- Administrative oversight and ministry
- Knowledge of church finance, stewardship, planned giving, and investment
- Applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and
- Operation of standard office equipment and computer software including MS Office Suite and other adult teaching-related media materials and
- Office Driving a vehicle to conduct work. Evening and variable hours. Physical demands: Hearing and speaking to exchange information, preach and make presentations. Ability to operate a computer keyboard. Seeing to read a variety of materials. Sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in Participate in developing and promoting the strategic priorities, vision and direction for the Church.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others as a team. Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of Work comfortably, effectively and efficiently in formal and informal settings. Work independently with little direction. Plan and organize work. Maintain records and files.
Licenses and other Requirements:
Must be ordained or qualified to be ordained in ECO* Valid California driver’s license
A competitive salary commensurate with experience will include housing allowance, health insurance and pension.
Church and office environment Driving a vehicle to conduct work Evening and variable hours
Hearing and speaking to exchange information, preach and make presentations Seeing to read materials
Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
*Trinity is a member of ECO: A Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians