In partnership with the Senior Pastor and Executive Director of Operations, the Executive Director of Ministry supports the mission and vision of Redeemer by providing strategic integration and alignment to all of Redeemer’s discipleship ministries while building and deploying effective processes for leadership development and management.
- Strategic Alignment
- Work with the Session, Senior Pastor, and Executive Team to ensure Redeemer makes ministry decisions according to its vision, values, and primary strategic focus.
- Be a trusted partner in ministry and sounding board for the Senior Pastor, ensuring their vision is clear, effectively communicated, and well-integrated into the fabric of ministry.
- Develop a strategic ministry plan with priorities and goals for discipleship ministries in partnership with the Lead Pastor that contributes to the strategic vision and mission of Redeemer.
- In partnership with the Executive Director of Operations, lead the strategic calendar process, mapping out the strategic priorities of Redeemer each quarter.
- Partner with the communication team and provide oversight to the messaging and the general brand and communication strategy for Redeemer.
- In partnership with the Senior Pastor, ensure Redeemer’s values are reflected in every ministry of Redeemer through effective management, leadership, and development.
- Provide oversight and leadership to Family Ministry, ensuring consistency of discipleship values in ministry to every generation.
- Partner with Campus Outreach to integrate college ministry and college students more fully into the life of the church.
- Partner with the Worship Arts Dept. to support and review weekly and seasonal worship services.
- Leadership Development
- Develop and execute systems of leadership development and management that shape culture and raise the leadership bar throughout Redeemer (including elders, staff, and lay leaders).
- Develop staff for both personal transformation and growing professional effectiveness.
- Work with the Lead Pastor to develop and shepherd pastoral staff.
- Equip staff to recruit, equip, align, and appreciate lay leaders, teachers, and volunteers of all ages.
- Develop strategic relationship with ministries and leaders throughout the church.
- Project Management
- Working through ministry directors, partner with elders, teachers, leaders, parents, and key congregational members in articulating vision, setting goals, implementing action plans, and evaluating effectiveness.
- Work with volunteer leaders to translate vision into action through effective teamwork, implementation, management, and accountability.
Lead, develop, and manage the following staff leadership:
- Director/Pastor of Adult Discipleship
- Director of Students
- Director of Children
- Director of Young Adults
- CO Director (in concert w/ Session)
- Director/Pastor of Equipping & Care
- Director/Pastor of Missions & Outreach
- A dynamic walk with Christ and participation in his mission in the world.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; however, a Master’s degree in Theology or another related field preferred.
- Well versed in PCA theology and governance; preferably ordained.
- A minimum of 5 years in a church of 2000+ with hands-on team development & management.
- High self-awareness with an ability to “read” others and the way they are perceived by them.
- An excellent communicator with demonstrated executive presence on, and off, the platform.
- An ability to influence, build relationships, and foster the relational development of others.
- Effective planning and organizational capacity with strong execution and follow-through skills.
- Can manage multiple projects simultaneously and make sound, complex decisions while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
- Aware of popular culture as well as the trends and movements that impact contextual ministry in an increasing post-Christian setting.
- Character: Constructive attitude, genuine humility, spiritual vitality, and teachable character.
- Competence: Resilient flexibility, customer focused, results driven, and God-honoring excellence.
- Chemistry: Relationally intelligent, works collaboratively, and shared commitment to vision of Redeemer.
- An active participant in the ministry of Redeemer Presbyterian Church.
- An ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrate Christ-centered behavior by treating people with dignity, respect, and compassion.
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings and events, including Sunday services like Easter and Christmas, unless special permission is given.
- Computer literate, including website and social media platforms.
- Must be able to lift 25+ pounds and get up and down off the ground without too much discomfort.
- This position requires some travel, overnights and a flexible schedule to respond to ministry needs.