The role of the Executive Pastor (XP) is to assist the Pastor Leadership Team (PLT) and the lead pastor in ensuring CPC’s vision and mission are achieved through effective and efficient strategic ministry objectives, systems, practices, activities, and policies. The XP manages, supports and develops the ministry staff and ministry leaders, aligning them with CPC’s vision and mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategic Planning, Leadership, and Management (~35%)
In conjunction with the lead pastor and the PLT, the XP will develop CPC!s strategic plan, manage staff and ministry team coordination in execution of that plan, and lead by example in implementation to accomplish CPC’s vision and mission.
• Ensures facilities, staff and programs are appropriately and effectively aligned to best meet our strategic goals.
• Coordinates staff meetings and performance evaluations of the staff and ministry teams.
• Assists staff and ministry teams in fulfilling their roles by developing priorities, metrics and systems for accountability, helping with their planning and budgeting processes, recruitment of volunteers, providing resources, and resolving any interpersonal conflicts.
Communication and Administration (~35%)
In conjunction with the staff pastors and the PLT, the XP will guide the communications and administration ministries of CPC.
• Works with those responsible for internal and external communications of CPC (newsletter, website, social media, online ministry, IT, computers, etc.)
• Works with the Office Administrator and the Finance Team as needed in the following: annualbudget preparation, contributions, insurance, banking and financing, payroll, leases, budget planning, and oversight.
• Oversees human resource management issues—conduct and document performance evaluations, and ongoing informal performance feedback. Works with the Finance Team to provide insurance and other benefits, etc.
• Development and documentation of, and adherence to, church policies and procedures.
Discipleship and Assimilation (~20%)
In conjunction with the staff pastors and the PLT, the XP will direct the discipleship (Be Strong) ministry of CPC.
• Gives oversight of “parking lot to ministry slot.” This means guiding people through a gospel discipleship process of first time guests to becoming long-term, life-giving contributors of their gifts and resources.
• Oversees, recruits and mentors community group and Bible Study leaders. This includes men’s and women’s ministry.
Pastoral Ministry (~10%)
In conjunction with the staff pastors and the PLT, the XP will feed and lead the CPC flock.
• Carries out pastoral duties as needed, such as preaching, funerals, weddings, events, ministry opportunities, etc.
• Growing and mature relationship with Jesus Christ
• Relevant ministry or organizational experience
• Ability to learn new platforms
• Team player
• Excellent communicator
• Entrepreneurial spirit and evangelistic strengths
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Strong people skills
• Proficient in multi-tasking
• Masters of Divinity degree
• Proficiency with Planning Center Online, QuickBooks, MS Office Suites, online ministry,
website & social media
• Some business background