The Director of Operations/Executive Pastor role assists the Lead Pastor in the effective and timely implementation of FAC’s overall ministry vision, ministry philosophy and values. This role also oversees the FAC business office, facilities and grounds.
Support of Lead Pastor:
• Serve as a confidant and ministry consultant to the Lead Pastor.
• Lead in the day-to-day operational and ministry tasks of the ministry staff, allowing the Lead Pastor to devote himself to the study of Scripture, prayer, preaching, and developing the vision for the church.
• Pray and collaborate with the Lead Pastor to identify and articulate the church’s purpose, vision, and goals.
• Assist the Lead Pastor in developing the Annual Business Meeting Agenda.
• Develop and present FAC’s financial report at the Annual Meeting.
• Represent the Lead Pastor, the staff and FAC as needed/requested.
• Regularly attend and participate in Board of Elders meetings facilitating appropriate and adequate communication and connection between Elders and Staff.
• Pursue special projects under the direction of the Lead Pastor and serve as the champion and implementer of his agenda and objectives.
Oversight of staff:
• Will exercise a servant-based authority over his direct and indirect staff reports.
• Coach, mentor and enable staff leaders while developing the ministries under his own oversight.
• As a member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), he will also speak into other ministry environments.
• Will be the primary overseer and facilitator for staff accountability and evaluation.
• Serve as a strategic analyst/thinker/researcher within the SLT.
• Monitor ministries on behalf of the Lead Pastor including the evaluation of ministry performance.
• Facilitate in all staffing decisions.
Oversight of the business office and related functions:
• Oversee day to day business office functions and building and grounds administration including security.
• Total oversight of FAC’s budgeting process: develop, administer and adjust budgets as financial conditions dictate.
• Administration of: Staff compensation and benefits, insurances including building, liability, vehicle and workers compensation.
• OSHA compliance, reporting and other related safety initiatives.
• Vendor administration.
Human Resource responsibilities:
• Employee recruitment, matriculation, development, retention and performance management.
• Develop, review and maintain FAC’s organizational structure.
• Employee benefits administration including vendor relationships as outlined above.
• Help develop measureable job objectives and job performance evaluation tools for the ministries and staff of FAC.
*Along with the above job description, the Director of Operations will also complete any other responsibilities deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.