Grace Point Church of Northwest Arkansas is a 18-year-old church plant, led by its founding pastor, Mike McDaniel. Founded on the Great Commission, GPC has a very strong missions ethos, sending multiple short-term teams annually around the world to the most unreached peoples. We believe in and support church planting, both locally and abroad.
Growth has reached ~1300 people attending each Sunday, which includes two adult worship gatherings and two worship opportunities for children. Junior High and High School students worship with a live band on Wednesday evenings, have teaching and small group opportunities. We are a church of energetic music and worship (e.g. Hillsong, Bethel, Elevation).
We believe that every GPC member is a minister and has a serving ministry – thus, we are built largely on the talents of volunteers. We have a culture that honors people development and believe in developing worshippers from those God has brought to Grace Point.
Northwest Arkansas is home to three of the largest retail, poultry and transportation companies. A diverse culture is forming with the growth in the arts community – Bentonville has two globally recognized art venues, with more in the offing, which demands that Grace Point be able to reach into and identify with the emerging arts community. That is primarily done via our art gallery and through innovative, attractional worship.
Reflecting our target demographic of high-capacity business persons, young professionals, and young families, Grace Point has a culture that highly values excellence, innovation and creativity. We embrace change and encourage frequent evaluation of processes, events, and people – while acknowledging that we are all in the process of being sanctified, by the grace of God.
RESPONSIBLITIES OF THE ROLE
- Creating systems and environments to translate the vision of the Lead Pastor into measurable goals; Serve as Intentional Church (IC) Activator to align staff around common vision
- Champion NEXT STEPS in order to move Attenders to Members of GPC through the Next Steps pathway
- Oversee strategy goal setting and ministry evaluation. Utilize various metrics and dashboards to determine movement toward Life Impact and Double Vision (e.g. baptisms, attendance, small group attendance, local ministry service, global missions participation, etc.)
- Oversee hiring, developing and evaluating the Pastoral Team.
- Oversee processes and policies that maintain the integrity of Grace Point, in accordance with the employee handbook
- Serve as project coordinator for GPC community enrichment opportunities (e.g. Strategy Meeting, Fall Kick-off, Christmas and Easter worship experiences)
- Develop relationships with Trustees and key leaders. Initiate personal contact for the purpose of encouraging them in their spiritual walk and engaging them in carrying out the vision and purpose of Grace Point Church.
- Develop a leadership pipeline throughout the Pastoral Team that is comprehensive in mobilizing the members of GPC to their highest ministry potential
- Actively participate in Trustee and SALT meetings, particularly during the annual budget process.
- Manage the annual budget of the Church, working closely with Pastoral Team and Trustees.
- Financial oversight:
- Review, correct and provide leadership to the financial processes and procedures and distributed documents.
- Assist staff with questions regarding budget planning, expenses, etc.
- Assist Lead Pastor in other strategic projects related to the financial ministry of the church.
- Ensure ECFA accreditation is maintained.
- Assist Lead Pastor in other strategic areas in the overall development of the church.
- Serve on rotation as On-Call Pastor
- Heart for the nations
- Possess a high emotional intelligence
- Ability to listen, observe and think critically about ministry at all levels
- Solid commitment to Jesus Christ and His church; a growing knowledge and profession of the Christian faith
- Genuine love for people of all backgrounds, demographics and current situations
- Embrace the five staff cultural values: Missional, Authenticity, Truth, Excellence and Fun
- Willingness to grow and adapt to the inevitable changes found in a growing local church.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Understanding of group dynamics; ensure effective consensus building and decision-making.
- Strong Team Player, defined by being humble, hard-working, and people smart
- Personal initiative and diligence, which produces follow-through in tasks
- Larger Church Experience
- Staff oversight of multiple Pastors
- Proven ability to lead and develop high performing team
- Intentional Church experience
- Financial/Business acumen
- Gifted Communicator