Palo Alto First Christian Church is looking for an organized, spirit-filled, Kingdom focused, exemplary Executive Pastor to oversee our church’s operations, and to lead and direct our staff. The Executive Pastor will set goals for staff, volunteers, and congregation to accomplish the church’s mission and vision. You will support, coach, and assess staff, implement processes to optimize operational capabilities, strive to expand and unify the church, and manage resources effectively. You will ensure members of different ages and from diverse backgrounds are served effectively, and oversee church services.
To ensure success in this role you need to perform a wide range of duties in a manner that reflects your spiritual condition and beliefs. Ideal applicants are capable leaders, spiritually mature and organized.
Executive Pastor Responsibilities:
- Overseeing church operations.
- Leading, overseeing and having regular meetings with staff.
- Guiding and improving interactions between lead pastor, staff members, volunteers, and church members.
- Collaborating with the lead pastor and elders regarding ministry administration, and implementation of mission and vision of church.
- Overseeing human resources operations, and collaborating with lead pastor to hire, reposition, transition and dismiss staff.
- Creating an annual budget.
- Overseeing financial, budget and fundraising operations.
- Overseeing facility operations
- Assisting staff to manage ministry budgets.
- Managing social media accounts and other communications.
- Reviewing, creating and implementing policies and procedures to ensure effective operation of the church.
Executive Pastor Requirements:
- Evident relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- 7+ years relevant ministry experience.
- Proficient with church CRM, QuickBooks, MS Office Suites, Google Applications and social media.
- Spiritually mature.
- Demonstrated leadership skills as outlined in the Bible.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Strong people skills.
- Team player.
- Proficient multitasking skills.
- Teaching, discipling, and pastoral care experience preferred.
- A local candidate that has ministry experience in the unique Silicon Valley/SF Bay Area/N. California culture is preferred and will be considered first.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and statement of faith.