San Clemente Presbyterian Church has an immediate opportunity for an Executive Pastor, reporting to the Senior Pastor/Head of Staff, to oversee the church’s operations and to lead and direct the majority of the church and preschool staff. The current position is part-time, but may later be expanded to full-time.
The successful candidate will be a capable leader, spiritually mature and organized, and will perform a wide-range of responsibilities.
Executive Pastor Responsibilities:
* Guiding church operations including facilities and IT systems.
* Leading, developing and regularly meeting with staff.
* Collaborating with senior pastor and elders regarding ministry administration and implementing the mission, vision, and values of the church.
* Overseeing human resources operations, and collaborating with senior pastor on HR/staff matters.
* Directing financial, budgeting, and fundraising operations and financial reporting.
* Reviewing, creating and implementing policies and procedures to ensure effective operation of the church.
* Establishing and maintaining key performance measures to provide visibility to the effectiveness of all functional areas of the church.
Executive Pastor Requirements:
* Spiritually mature relationship with Jesus Christ.
* Master of Divinity degree and ordained or eligible to be ordained.
* Demonstrated leadership and people skills.
* 2+ years relevant financial or business experience.
* Outstanding organizational skills.