Shadow Mountain Church is currently seeking someone to fill the full-time position of Family pastor: i.e. associate-student pastor. This is a dual position as we are searching for someone that is able to minister to both teenagers and adults.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES TO ADULTS:
This candidate will assist the senior pastor. Some of his responsibilities will include the oversight of the hospitality team, men’s and women’s ministries, communion and baptism preparation, SMC Samaritans, and pastoral care. He will act as the moderator for the Sunday worship services. He will fill the pulpit on a periodic basis in addition to conducting occasional weddings and funerals.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES TO STUDENTS:
- This candidate will be responsible to create an environment that is attractive to teenagers. He will recruit other competent and caring adults to create a leadership team that together will shepherd both junior and senior high students.
- Shepherding will include: sound biblical teaching, intentional evangelism, discipleship, appropriate counseling, need based care, and organizing activities.
- Demonstrates tangible evidence of a genuine salvation experience
- Meets the biblical qualifications for a pastor/elder
- Married to a woman that is supportive of his ministerial calling and commitment
- College degree required and seminary degree preferred
- Minimum of three years experience on a church staff
- Demonstrable record of productive ministry
- Preferred age 30-45
- Agreement with the SMC doctrinal statement, vision and philosophy of ministry
- Commitment to a conservative biblical world view
Contact information: please email a cover letter and resume, attention: pastor Larry Webb. Please include a statement of your philosophy of ministry and also include information about your family and especially their involvement and support of your ministry. Any additional information that would help us better evaluate your fit and calling to this position would be most beneficial.
You will be contacted to inform you that your resume was received, and if more information is needed, and whether or not you are being considered as a candidate for this position. Please DO NOT call the church office as all initial communication is to be processed through email.
Thank you for prayerfully considering this pastoral position at Shadow Mountain Church.