About This Role
The Family Pastor is responsible for overseeing all family ministry and discipleship activities of the church. He primarily leads and shepherds the families in the church.
The Family/Discipleship Pastor is first charged with equipping the adults at Mount Olive Baptist, and subsequent to that will recruit, develop, and lead the ministry leaders (staff and volunteer) for the church’s other age-graded ministries (singles, young adults, youth, and children).
The Family/Discipleship Pastor equips members to be disciple makers of others (2 Timothy 2:2) leading to real life transformation in Christ. He will seek to develop, coordinate, and execute a philosophy of discipleship and evangelism in the church, insuring that the mission and core values of MOBC are clearly seen as the guiding principles for all church activities.
Primary Responsibilities and Tasks of the Family/Discipleship Pastor
1. Design and oversee relational and engaging ministries for the church’s adults.
2. Provide a consistent pastoral presence for the families of our church.
3. Model a missional lifestyle, being involved in the community, seeking out relationships with those who do not know Christ.
4. Ensure that the curriculum used at each level of spiritual development connects to the next.
5. Evaluates all small group curriculum used by all groups in the church.
6. Develop and implement a strategy for expanding Bible Study Fellowship Groups as well as other small groups both on-site and off-site.
7. Expand ministry strategies that help parents and families in every life stage.
8. Help build a discipling culture among children, youth, parents, and student leaders.
9. Develop and implement a plan for on-going parent training and encouragement.
10. Counsel parents and children privately on specific family issues.
11. Collaborate with the lead pastor and other ministry teams to ensure that there are opportunities for all generations to worship, learn, and serve together.
12. Shepherd and develop the Family Ministry team, including both staff and volunteers.
13. Develop and maintain an annual budget consistent with the needs to effectively and efficiently carry out the ministries of the church.
14. Assist with the pastoral needs of the entire congregation (care, equipping, leadership, preaching).
Strengths & Skillset
1. Demonstrates a mature and ever-growing relationship with Jesus as Savior and Lord.
2. Exhibits strong relationship skills. (1 Thess. 2:7-12)
3. Has strong abilities and experience in equipping leaders and working with teams.
4. Is at all times a team player who contributes to a positive work environment with all staff and ministry volunteers.
5. Shows a willingness and ability to pioneer new things and inspire others to new initiatives.
6. Exhibits a team-oriented spirit, committed to a display of unity with the church staff.
• Maintain God-ordained priorities in his life by putting Jesus Christ first, his spouse second, his children third, and the ministry fourth.
• Give at least 10% of his income toward the mission and vision of Mount Olive Baptist Church.
• Be loyal to the vision and staff of Mount Olive Baptist Church and always protect the unity of the church. (Eph 4:3)
• Demonstrate a Christ-like attitude through all interactions with congregation, staff, and volunteers.
• Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus and come to Mount Olive Baptist Church.
• This position reports directly to the Lead Pastor.