1. Summary of Position:
The Filmmaker will be responsible for implementing and creating quality video content for all facets of the ministries of the church, on request. These videos will vary greatly from documentary style to narrative script-based videos. Responsible for video projects from concept to completion, the ﬁlmmaker will be responsible for tasks such as scouting for locations, writing scripts, directing, cinematography, lighting, editing, and exporting. The ﬁlmmaker needs to be willing to accept different roles (director, editor, writer, etc.) within a larger production when collaborating with other team members. He or she will need to have a proactive work ethic, including a self-motivated drive for quality and creativity, and a passion for excellence in the video projects. Working effectively with the Communications Team on creative ideas, and sharing of workﬂow and work products (graphics, photography, audio, etc.)
2. Ministerial Functions:
● Spiritually lead ﬁlm, video and photo teams.
3. Supervisory Responsibilities:
● Directly supervises photo, ﬁlm, and video interns and volunteer teams.
● Indirectly supervises Next Gen photo, ﬁlm, and video staff.
● Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Eastside’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees/interns; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees/interns; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
● Must have a strong personal faith in Jesus as Savior and Lord, and a heart for serving God and others.
● Must be a member of Eastside Christian Church, having been baptized by immersion.
● Must have a heart for serving God and others.
● Degree or Experience in video, broadcast, or related ﬁeld, or equivalent life experiences.
● Knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop and Adobe After Effects.
● Proﬁciency in non-linear video editing software (such as Final Cut Studio,Adobe Premiere Pro, etc.).
● Working knowledge of ﬁlm/video equipment, digital video cameras, digital cameras/photography, etc.
● Strong lighting techniques.
● Basic understanding of video streaming / web-based video (Vimeo, Youtube, etc.).
● Knowledge of audio recording for use in ﬁlm/video production.
● Ability to translate the gospel through media usage.
● Ability to recruit, train, deploy, pastor, and lead volunteers.
● Openness to critique and willingness to collaborate with other ﬁlmmakers
● Strengths of being self-motivated, detailed, and a problem solver
● Strong written/oral communication and interpersonal skills
● Drive to pursue excellence
● Creative mindset, Out-of-the-box thinker & Task-Oriented
5. Duties and Responsibilities:
● Develop and present creative concepts for videos.
● Capturing/Compressing video footage.
● Editing video footage and formatting ﬁlm/video products.
● Oversee and drive the entire ﬁlm/video process from beginning to end.
● Coach the subjects as needed during the ﬁlm/video capture process.
● Must be able to dream, and develop creative video for worship and other ministries as needed.
● Will be responsible for assessing, purchasing and caring for ﬁlm/video equipment.
● Develop video announcements, which can be used across multiple campuses for the weekend services.
● Create Teaching Videos for Senior Pastor (i.e. At The Movies series).
● Assist with “Giving Moment” videos as needed, celebrating and empowering a culture of generosity within our church and connecting the dollars given to the active work of the church in our community and around the world.
● Create videos that tell the story of how Jesus is moving through Eastside, for use in worship and online.
● Responsible for training, leading, managing, and/or helping creative team direct volunteers, interns, contractors, or staff who are interested in learning about ﬁlm and storytelling as time allows.
● Attends and participates in weekly ministry and regular department team meetings.
Perform other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor. Eastside reserves the right to change job duties at any time. This job description is not designed to cover every job requirement.
6. Employment Understanding:
● Agreement to abide by Eastside Christian Church Personnel Manual and Policies, Vision and Beliefs Statement, and attend Next Steps at earliest opportunity
● Agreement to conduct themself on and off the job in such a way that would honor Jesus Christ and would demonstrate spiritual leadership, supporting the Code of Conduct policy, and being a positive representative of Eastside Christian Church
● Attendance at Ministry Team meetings and department meetings is required
● This Job Description will be reviewed at least annually with the position’s supervisor. This person will also write semi-annual 6×6 goals, obtaining supervisor approval.
● Job performance will be reviewed at least annually with the position’s supervisor.
● Remuneration including wages and beneﬁts, will be set, reviewed, and modiﬁed by the Senior Pastor and Leadership Team.
● During non-business hours he or she should be available for emergency work
● Other duties assigned
7. Extent of Personal Contact:
● Routine contact with Senior Pastor, staff and volunteers
● Routine contact with production department department
● Routine contact with church members and guests
8. Physical Demands & Work Environment:
● Sitting for long periods of time
● Setting up, carrying and operation of ﬁlm/video equipment
● Must be able to drive own vehicle or an Eastside vehicle