Our worship style is modern, guitar led, accented by lights and video, while also faithfully centered around God’s Word and the message that Jesus has come to save sinners. We’re looking for someone to lead Hope’s Creative Element for our Weekly Worship Services. This person will also assist as needed with worship in Hope’s other ministries (kids, college, youth, singles, retreats, etc…). Presently, in addition to leading our weekly worship services, the Hope Church Worship Leader will lead a worship set for Hope’s kids each Sunday morning.
Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and follow Jesus daily
- Love, Believe, and follow the Bible (agree with Hope’s Statement of Faith & Bylaws)
- Love People & Have a Servant’s Heart, putting others’ needs ahead of your own
- Cultivate Gospel-centered relationships with unbelievers and share the Gospel regularly
- Relate well with and show kindness to others, always practicing hospitality
- Always seek and connect with unreached or unconnected people
- Make Hope Church’s mission your own mission
- Elevate the unity of the church, not being prone to cliques, gossip, divisiveness, or anything that will lead to disharmony @ Hope
- Team Player, Teachable, Self Starter
- Love, Lead, & Grow Hope’s Band & Creative/AV Team
- Sing well and play chords on at least one instrument (guitar or keyboard)
- Have experience with (or the ability to learn) the use of in-ear click tracks, Propresenter, Lighting controls, Digital Sound Board, Video components, and other creative elements
- Familiar with worship songs from All Sons & Daughters, Chris Tomlin, CityAlight, Elevation, Cody Carnes, Hillsong, Jeremy Riddle, Jesus Culture, Matt Boswell, Matt Papa, North Point Music, Passion, Pat Barrett, Shane & Shane, and Sovereign Grace Music
- Train others to lead worship (we value having multiple people who can lead under the leadership of our main worship leader)
- Participate weekly in a Hope Small Group (eventual goal will be to lead or co-lead a group)
- This is a part time salaried position with the potential to grow (salary to be discussed)
- Weekly Staff Meeting (time will flex according to staff needs)
- Weekly Band Practice (time will flex according to band needs)
- Weekly attendance on Sundays and as needed for special events (2-3 weeks off per year)
- Attendance as needed for other Hope Teams (planning, programming, etc…)
- The weight of this position leans heavily towards being a self starting team player who will be accessibile and get the job done. Office hours will flex as needed, according to the candidate and the needs of the job, but will be minimal.
- Candidate will successfully pass Hope’s nationwide background screening and Hope’s Training for Kids Workers.