Responsible for the following until a Pastor is successfully called by the church:
- Fill the pulpit by preaching Sunday morning and evening services.
- Lead Wednesday night adult Bible study and prayer meeting.
- Provide spiritual counsel and direction to church members and guests on matters of salvation, baptism, and related concerns.
- Perform baptisms and lead celebration of Lord’s Supper.
- Provide advice and guidance to Deacons and church committees when solicited.
- Officiate weddings or funerals for church members as the need arises.
- Primarily responsible to the Lord, performing ministry and service while seeking to please Him.
- Accountable to the church through a working relationship with the Personnel Committee.
- Directly answerable to the Deacons, demonstrating a high level of trustworthiness and commitment to providing biblical advice when solicited.
- Expresses and exhibits a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Must have a calling to Gospel ministry and be ordained or licensed as such.
- Must be modest and neat in appearance and able to minister and communicate well with a diversity of people.
- Must be committed to honest and open communication with church members and guests.
- Promote the Gospel, according to instructions of God’s Holy Word and under the leadership of the Holy Spirit, in order to bring glory to God, enlist the saved to serve and win lost souls to the Kingdom.
- Faithfully fill the pulpit until a Pastor is called.
- Advise and encourage church program leaders in Gospel Ministry.