AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY / OVERSIGHT:
- Maintain a rich personal life of devotion (Quiet time, bible reading, prayer, etc.)
- Assist Student Pastor in coordinating ministry efforts for the Family Life Department.
- Provide general leadership and oversight for all Children’s Ministry programming at Chapel Rock:
a. Work alongside the Student Pastor to develop and implement an age appropriate teaching plan and cohesive discipleship strategy for grades 1-6 on a yearly basis.
b. Create (or find) and implement effective Sunday morning large and small group teaching and connecting environments.
c. Develop, shepherd, train, equip, and coach ministry leaders that serve each week as part of the elementary ministry team.
- Work with the Family Ministry Team (Student Pastor, Early Childhood Director) to coordinate ministry to the whole family.
- Plan and promote camps, summer activities and other seasonal events and activities that engage children and family in the life of the church beyond Sunday morning.
- Build personal and organizational evangelistic relationships with community partners, area schools, families, and family/children related organizations (ex. HOSTS).
- Equip Large Group teachers and Discussion Group leaders with materials.
- Participate with Chapel Rock’s Involvement / Engagement Process when new families have children.
- Work with the Campus Manager to manage resources in Children’s Ministry spaces.
- Prepare and Manage the Annual Spending Plan for the Kids and Families area.
- Stay current on the subject of children’s and family ministry books, blogs, conferences to provide the church with leading thoughts and ideas in this field.
- Participate in the regular rhythms of staff life (meetings, collaboration, etc.).
- Participate in the pastoral care work of the staff (Hospital visitation, counseling)
- If needed, serve on the Board of Discovery Days preschool and help coordinate ministry efforts with the preschool.
Is under the direct supervision of the Student Pastor, serves alongside the Early Childhood Director
The Family Ministry / Communication Assistant supports this role.
Will be an active member at Chapel Rock Christian Church.
CHARACTERISTICS & SKILLS
- Will possess a personal and authentic relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Exemplify Christian character. Be able to reflect Christ in dealing with others, deadlines and conflict, all while showing grace.
- Possess at least a bachelor’s degree in Christian ministry (or the equivalent experience and perhaps a desire to pursue a degree), preferably from a school historically associated with the Restoration Movement.
- Be effective and comfortable using technology to accomplish ministry goals.
- Be able to manage time effectively and see projects thru to completion.
- Be highly organized and capable of implementing program ideas in creative and effective ways.
- Have the ability to train volunteers and delegate responsibilities.
- Be willing to come along side others on staff when and where needed.
- Be able and willing to deal lovingly with sensitive/confidential information & issues.
Possess at least a bachelor’s degree in Christian ministry (or the equivalent experience and perhaps a desire to pursue a degree), preferably from a school historically associated with the Restoration Movement. The successful candidate will also possess a love for kids and desire to be with them, the ability to connect with a diverse community, and the ability and passion for discipling kids and their parents.