Crossroads of Camarillo, California is in search of a new Lead Pastor. Recognizing that God deserves our best, the ministry role of the Lead Pastor is tasked with being part of the planning, oversight, and implementation of the “Connect, Grow, Go” vision of Crossroads. Working in concert with ministry leaders, pastors, and volunteers, assuring that the congregation and staff are united behind the Great Commission and Great Commandment of Jesus Christ. This means modeling a spirit of humility and teamwork; building, encouraging, developing, and empowering volunteer teams; and serving first the Lord and then the pastors, staff, and congregation.
What you’ll be doing:
- Preaching the Word of God with a strong focus on discipleship and evangelism
- Administering the ordinances and ceremonies of the church
- Joining with the Elder Board in exercising spiritual and visionary oversight
- Ensuring the discipleship and training of ministry staff members and current and future leaders of this church
- Maintaining and enhancing knowledge, skills, and abilities related to this position description through necessary means of continuing education
What you need to have:
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ
- An understanding of and commitment to leading an outreach focused ministry
- Consistent spiritual and moral character and lifestyle
- Competency in organization, administration and interpersonal relationships
- Strong in biblical preaching with a strong emphasis on practical application
- History of faithful ministry experience
Camarillo is a bedroom community. We have a good socioeconomic blend, including the military. The beaches are 15 minutes one way and Los Angeles is 45 minutes the other way. There is great hiking, a great fair, and great weather all year round. There is also of new housing and development in progress, including a new mega Amazon distribution center soon to employ hundreds. Camarillo has quality public and private schools, community colleges and a Cal State University campus.
Apply here: https://chemistry.fyi/fiy