We thank you for your interest in the Lead Pastor position at Joy Manhattan (job description here). We are praying that God would draw us to the person that He has prepared to lead Joy Manhattan. We trust that He is leading both our congregation and our future pastor to bring this church to the next stage in our journey.
We invite you to get to know us by reviewing this Church Profile so that you can have a clear picture of who we are as a congregation and whom we seek as our next pastor.
If you discern that God is leading you to pursue this opportunity, please prepare the following documents for our consideration:
· Cover letter – introducing yourself and your interest in the position
· Résumé/CV – your ministry experience and educational background
· Doctrinal statement – a 1- to 4-page summary on your theological views on core doctrines
· Narrative of your salvation testimony
· Two sermon samples (audio or video)
Please submit these application materials via email to email@example.com. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via email.
Joy Christian Fellowship (JCF) is a two-site church with locations in New Jersey and Manhattan. The Joy Manhattan Lead Pastor will be responsible for leading the Manhattan congregation with
collaboration from the New Jersey-based senior pastor and support of the Council of Elders. Joy Manhattan runs mostly as an independent church, following the philosophies and values of JCF.
The pastor will provide leadership, set vision and goals, and further the spiritual growth of the Manhattan congregation by teaching and preaching God’s Word and discipling the
congregation. The pastor will be responsible for overseeing all ministry activities, including the worship service and beyond, to help foster a rich spiritual life for all congregants. The pastor
must also be able to nurture the congregation, lay leaders, and staff.
Joy Manhattan is a vibrant, non-denominational church in the center of Manhattan established in 2009. The approximately 100-person congregation is made up primarily of professionals and
young families. Some key ministries at Joy Manhattan include Community Groups, Compassion ministry, and Children’s Ministry.
● Meets requirements of an elder per 1 Timothy 3:2-7 and Titus 1:6-9
● MDiv from an accredited seminary
● 3 years of pastoral experience, including experience leading/ministering to an adult
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills
● Agree to Beliefs as identified in the Church Profile
● Set vision and lead Joy Manhattan congregation
● Regularly preach at Sunday worship service
● Equip leaders through discipleship and mentorship
● Provide pastoral care including regular visitations to congregation members
● Conduct/attend regular meetings with the deacons, church staff, and leaders
● Plan and manage church calendar and its activities/events
Compensation will be commensurate with education and experience, and includes health and