The Lead Pastor serves as teaching pastor and elder under the guidance of the Holy Spirit and the authority of the collective elder board. He is directly responsible for leading the staff and deacons in implementing the mission, vision, rhythms, and strategic commitments of Mosaic Conway Church. As a pastor he provides spiritual leadership to members of Mosaic Conway.
- Pursues a vital and growing personal relationship with the Lord through daily bible study and prayer.
- Maintains proper priorities at home and with family members.
- Receives correction without offense.
- Interpret biblical scripture in order to develop and deliver weekly sermons and to conduct worship services.
- Collaborate with the worship pastor/team to design intentional worship services.
- Work with the staff and deacons to develop and implement effective programs that accomplish the mission, vision, rhythms, and strategic commitments of Mosaic Conway.
- Lead and demonstrate effective ways to witness and win the lost to salvation through Jesus Christ.
- Visit and minister to members and prospective members (including homes, nursing care facilities, and hospitals).
- Maintain and develop strong community relationships.
- Seek guidance and discipleship from other lead pastors and coaches (as recommended by the elder board).
- Conduct counseling sessions, perform wedding ceremonies, and conduct funeral services.
- Work closely with the governing elder board in making major organizational decisions.
- Oversee and evaluate paid church staff and their assigned tasks.
- Work alongside human relations appointee to maintain good human relation requirements (ie: work schedules, sick time, vacation/time off policies and procedures).
- Recommend and advise committees and teams as an ex-officio member.
- Oversee all church discipline matters and the management of conflict issues in the church along with the governing elder board and deacons.
- Communicate with the congregation through social media, email newsletter, bulletins, and worship services.
- Develop the annual budget in partnership with the governing elder board and finance team.
- Perform duties in an efficient and timely manner as directed by the governing elder board.
- Plan and conduct annual/regular leadership retreats.
- Adhere to the church’s by-laws, policies, and procedures adopted by the governing elder board.