Reporting to the Director of Business Administration, the Marketing/Communications Analyst is our chief storyteller. The successful candidate will build strong and lasting relationships and seek to understand not only marketing and communications needs, but will be an advocate for our congregation, volunteers, staff members and community through weaving stories together that support our mission and create a unique and welcoming experience. The candidate will work closely with ministry leaders to market and promote their programming with a significant bias toward digital channels over print. As an trusted advisor, the Communications Analyst will increase brand recognition through-out the region through utilizing various tactics and will measure and report upon success.
As a staff member, this position is responsible for promoting a Christian atmosphere fostering effective working relationships with staff/non-staff workers, church membership and volunteers.
PRIMARY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate to design and implement an annual marketing plan (strong bias toward digital) and content calendar.
- Works to create design and branding, in close partnership with Senior Pastor and Director of Business Administration
- Leads creative content discussions/collaborations to enhance messaging and dream-up new ways to reach the congregation, our mission partners, community, potential donors, and those seeking a new church home
- Write and edit content, partners with content providers, and ensures style, voice, and brand are reflective of Trinity’s mission which may include weekly bulletin, email blasts, newsletter, social media postings, etc.
- Manage content and community engagement for all digital touchpoints including website and social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, and other channels as determined by the overall social media strategy).
- Manage website, digital production, campaign budgets and schedules.
- Monitor and uphold the brand integrity across social platforms; work with all staff members to ensure all social channel content is on brand
- Establish excellent relationships with peers, ministry team, volunteers and others to ensure that all digital channels offer a great user experience
Candidates must be proficient in the following areas:
- MS Office Suite includes excellent MS Excel skills
- Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Experience in the design, development and implementation of communications, media and marketing strategies.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Project management experience with sophisticated marketing and communications campaigns.
- Experience with online content management.
- Experience working on co-branding initiatives (i.e. for entity within an entity).
Candidates must possess the following to be considered for this position:
- Strict confidentiality
- Self-motivated and strong problem solver
- Strong interpersonal skills in communications with staff, congregational members, volunteers, and community members
- Results oriented with strong aptitude in planning, prioritizing, organizing and following through
- Superior detail-orientation
- Ability to execute and provide creative paths forward
- Service orientation
- Able to work collaboratively and collegially in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Must be honest, principled, and courageous; must possess utmost integrity, be honest and respectful in all dealings with church members, colleagues and the public.
The candidate should possess:
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in digital marketing, print media, communications, public relations, media relations and/or donor relations or equivalent work experience.
- An undergraduate degree in business or related field/experience from an accredited institution is a basic requirement, preferably with a major in marketing, communications, consumer experience, or brand management
- The following skills/certifications are preferred but not required: Digital and print marketing and branding in a non-profit environment
SCHEDULE AND HOURS
This position is required to work 25 hours per week, of which most will be in the office and some can be remote.
This position must also:
- Understand and support the vision of Trinity United Methodist Church
- Perform tasks, from time to time, not defined above in support of the goals of the organization
- Perform miscellaneous tasks or duties in support of the daily operation of the organization