We are seeking someone to lead all ministries for students in 6th – 8th grades. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent life experience, and at least three years of experience in student ministry (volunteer experience or internships will be considered.) This person will have gifts in teaching and discipling students, developing leaders, and working with parents and other church staff.
Interested candidates are encouraged to read the job description (below) and check out our church at www.thekirk.com to determine if this might be a place you would like to serve. You can apply online at www.thekirk.com/jobs If you have questions about the job or how to apply, please contact Tammy Gill, Human Resources Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 918-494-7088.
Middle School Ministry Director
To serve the church by leading all ministries for students in 6th – 8th grade. This position is part of the family ministry team, reports to the Family Pastor, and is a full-time salaried position with benefits.
ESSENTAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Be a Leader
• Work with staff, deacons and youth leaders to implement a ministry vision that is consistent with the vision of the church and contributes to the overall health and vitality of the church.
• Grow in number and health the disciple-making opportunities for students.
• Implement a strategy for an outreach-focused, growing ministry.
• Recruit and train adult volunteers who will take ownership in and participate substantively in programs and events.
• Recruit and train student leaders who will take leadership roles and have a vision for growing the ministry by inviting their friends.
• Regularly communicate to students, parents, and staff, the long-term plans for the ministry, including regular discipleship opportunities and special events.
2. Disciple Students
• Teach the Bible faithfully in a way that is compelling for students.
• Create events and programs designed for students to invite students. The goal is to have fun environments that foster genuine relationships and spiritual growth.
• Teach students how to share their faith and give them opportunities to share.
• Lead students to become involved in serving within the church and community.
• Work with staff and the mission committee to offer an annual mission trip.
• Foster student relationships by meeting with them on their turf (school lunches, extracurricular events, community activities, etc.).
3. Equip Families
• Build and maintain quality relationships with parents through regular communication, connection and counseling.
• Create opportunities for parents to learn how to disciple their teenagers.
• Involve parents in the ministry as much as possible.
• Attend staff meetings, training, and retreats.
• The workday begins at 8:30AM with staff prayer, and regular attendance is required.
• Establish and manage a yearly budget for your ministry.
• Willingness to perform other duties as assigned by supervisors.
• A personal and deep relationship with Jesus Christ and clear calling to serve him in the local church.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent life experience.
• Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in student ministry (volunteer roles and internships will be considered).
• Good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
• A love for students and families and the ability to teach the Bible to teenagers.
• Must agree to the Essentials of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church. http://www.thekirk.com/beliefs/
• Must agree with the mission, vision, and values of The Kirk. http://www.thekirk.com/mission-vision