Missio is a three-year-old church plant in the ECO Presbyterian denomination that seeks to help people explore faith and encounter truth in Jesus Christ. The Minister of Discipleship helps grow individuals and groups to spiritual maturity and missional outreach. Our congregation is called to reach out to Caltech and Fuller students, to advocate for racial justice in Pasadena, and to plant churches.
• Committed and growing relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
• Personal commitment to model a missional lifestyle that equips the congregation to point to Christ where they live, learn, and work
• Experience discipling individuals and leading spiritual growth groups
• College graduate with biblical training and interest in church planting
• Strong relational and team-building skills
1. Model and practice a Christ-centered, balanced lifestyle that includes personal spiritual disciplines.
2. Together with the Pastor and Leadership Team, lead the congregation towards spiritual and relational maturity.
A. Spiritual growth: Meet with individuals to help them grow in Christ and develop spiritual practices.
B. Neighborhood Groups: Equip Neighborhood Group leaders to effectively disciple their groups towards maturity and a clearly identified mission.
C. Leadership Development: Invest in leaders who can disciple their teams.
3. Create regular contexts for the congregation to witness to Christ and embody justice in our community.
A. Partner with the Caltech campus fellowships and the Science And Faith Examined (SAFE) ministry to share Christ with the Caltech community
B. Partner with the Racial Justice Coalition (RJC) to highlight volunteer opportunities in the community to address systemic racism
C. Oversee social media to amplify our message to our community.
4. Assist regularly in worship through prayer and preaching.
5. Participate in staff meetings and in the life of the church as an active disciple.