Minister of Discipleship at TPC (Spiritual Formation and Care)
To pastor and provide leadership for nurture ministries with an emphasis on discipleship through Christian Education, Restorative Care and small group ministry. Work effectively with the Coordinator of Discipleship
• Develop and maintain a comprehensive ministry among men and women, including small and large group activities, discipling men to be spiritual leaders.
• In conjunction with the CDM, work closely with the WIC and to provide support, direction, and oversight to the WIC
• Oversee, maintain, and lead Trinity’s Ministry to Adults with assistance from the Coordinator of Discipleship Ministries and in conjunction with the Adult Ministry Committee.
• Oversee, maintain, and improve Midweek as a congregational discipleship medium through large group, small groups, care groups, and other media with assistance from the Coordinator of Discipleship Ministries.
• Develop other discipleship ministries beyond the scope of the above discipleship ministries (e.g., conferences, outside speakers, retreats, trips, etc.) with assistance from the Coordinator of Discipleship
• Serve as Executive Editor for the Columns and other printed and digital communications to the congregation.
• Oversee the Director of Children’s Ministries and ensure compliance with the church vision.
• Provide pastoral oversight in conjunction with the Senior Minister to the Ministry of Restorative Care.
• Provide oversight and direction for the Bookstore and Bookstore manager.
1. Provide input, leadership and vision as a member of the Executive Ministry Team.
2. Work to develop a Biblical world and life view in the congregation.
3. Work as a team with other staff personnel: take up slack in general areas of ministry, develop relationships with others on staff, and give aid and input to all other areas of ministry.
4. Lead worship on a rotation basis with the other ministers.
5. Teach and preach as is appropriate and agreeable with the Senior Minister.
6. Committee participation as deemed necessary.
7. Pastoral care when needed.
8. Be involved in premarital counseling rotation as needed
9. Serve as a pastoral consultant with regard to congregational care.
1. A seminary graduate and ordained in the P.C.A. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Session.
2. A man of deep spiritual life, of prayer, and of holy character.
3. Able to sign the Statement of Faith and to be loyal to the Westminster Confession of Faith.
4. An effective communicator both in preaching and in teaching.
5. Have a visible heart for people; to be friendly and outreaching.
6. A model head of his home and family.
Salary and other benefits will be determined by the Session after input from the Senior Minister, the Chairman of Administration and the Church Administrator. Vacation periods, insurance coverage, pension and other benefits are indicated in the written policy that is reviewed and updated by the Ministry of Administration periodically.
Minister of Discipleship Search Committee, Todd M. Parsons, Chairman / 334–313–0615 /
After prayerful consideration, if you are interested in the position, please submit the following by email:
– Cover Letter– introduce yourself and your interest in the position.
– Resume – Document your ministry experience, educational background, and at least 5 references.
– Ministry Philosophy – write a brief 2–3–page summary of your personal experience and understanding of discipleship ministry in the church. What does discipleship look like in the church?
– Links – please provide links to teaching and sermons by you.