The role of the Worship/Senior Adult Pastor (WSAP) is to oversee all elements of worship services for Shiloh Baptist Church. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, values and strategy of Shiloh Baptist Church and the ability to align leadership teams, and team members with its mission, vision and values. The WSAP will lead all components of worship including music, audio/visual, lighting, and leading our Senior Adults to connect and grow in their relationship with Christ.
The Worship/Senior Adult Pastor will be responsible for:
1. Modeling Biblical Priorities
Responsible for upholding Biblical priorities and core values of Shiloh Baptist Church. The (WSAP) should represent a growing personal relationship with Christ. The (WSAP) models a strong relationship with his or her spouse (if married) and children (if applicable). The (WSAP) strives to fulfill his or her purpose in life and ministry while demonstrating integrity in words, relationships, and actions. These objectives are accomplished by:
- Being able to share their faith in Christ with the congregation.
- Committing to a daily quiet-time with God.
- Participating in a Shiloh Baptist Church small group on a regular basis.
- Setting appropriate boundaries to protect character and integrity.
- Developing personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
- Supporting the ministries of Shiloh Baptist Church by faithfully giving at least 10% of income.
- Adhering to and encompassing the qualities and characteristics required of Shiloh Baptist Church employees, as defined by the Personnel Manual.
2. Service Planning
Responsible for all details related to the planning and execution of Worship Services overseeing and managing the music ministry budget, ensuring that all guidelines for expenses and purchases are followed by team members. This is accomplished by:
- Facilitating brainstorm sessions to generate ideas and creative elements for services.
- Communicating with the Senior Pastor to ensure a consistent message is carried out, i.e. music, video, offering setups, special services, next steps, etc.
- Leading weekly rehearsals to plan and coordinate music, video, technical, and creative elements to be used in services.
- Encouraging church members to sing and play instruments to create an atmosphere of worship.
- Developing systems to create detailed order of services at least two weeks prior to the event date including musical, instrumental, audio/visual, and other program notes and assets.
- Leading regular evaluations and critique sessions to maintain a bar of excellence and monitoring the impact of services.
- Creating services that integrate students and children into worship.
- Understanding of a variety of Christian genres including hymns, contemporary praise and worship songs as well as modern versions of traditional songs staying in touch with current trends to connect people with the Gospel.
3. Audio/Visual Production
Responsible for developing the people, philosophy, systems and deadlines related to the production of video for worship services and other ministry initiatives. Responsible for overseeing the audio, lighting, and video technology for Shiloh Baptist Church including maintenance, programming, and purchasing. This is accomplished by:
- Working closely with Shiloh Baptist Church’s audio/ visual team to produce creative and effective promotional and in-service videos including: concept, scripting, video shoots, editing and post-production.
- Leading and strategizing creative tactics to use video to promote and send the message Shiloh Baptist Church wants to communicate to the church and the world.
4. Team Supervision and Development
Responsible for providing leadership to the worship team. The (WSAP) leads, evaluates, and mentors existing music ministry team members and prioritizes future needs. Includes the following responsibilities:
- Supervising the worship team in day-to-day operational activities.
- Overseeing the training and development of the worship team.
- Recruiting and empowering members to serve for scheduled programs.
- Maintaining a strong network of relevant professionals (worship leaders, musicians, technical engineers, graphic designers, web developers, etc.)
- Developing ministry partnerships with outside vendors that share Shiloh Baptist Church’s commitment to excellence.
- Creating goals and accountability that encourage music team to network, recruit and develop musicians and singers.
5. Senior Adult Ministry Development
Responsible for providing leadership to Shiloh Baptist Church’s Senior Adults helping them to Know God, Show God to others, and Go sharing the gospel. Includes the following responsibilities:
- Working with the JOY Leadership Team to plan and carry out JOY Fellowships.
- Recruiting church members 55 years and older to actively engage in Shiloh Baptist Church’s Senior Adult Ministries.
- Guiding Shiloh Baptist Church to be a multi-generational body of believers.
- Planning with staff and team members strategies for outreach, attendance, and care for Senior Adults and prospects.