Minister of Students & Families will develop and oversee a comprehensive program of ministry to the children/students from birth to grade 5 and Middle School /High School. The Minister of Students & Families will serve as a spiritual leader and role model in the church and community.
- Work cooperatively and pleasantly with church staff and leaders in ways that fulfill the goals, purposes and vision for ministry determined by the leadership.
- Attend staff meeting and other meetings with the pastoral staff as determined. Represent the Children/Student Ministries on the Church Council.
- Participate in basic ministry assignments such as hospital visitation, outreach visitation, funeral/bereavement visitation, and public leadership in church activities, as needed.
- Develop an overall purpose statement to guide the children and youth ministry.
- Plan and oversee activities for students. These activities may include, but not be limited to: camps, retreats, conferences, concerts, service projects, mission trips and other activities that enhance the overall goals of the student ministry. Encouraging students to be involved in and participate in Small Group/Bible Study during regular weekly scheduled activity times for students.
- Develop a team to assist with the planning and carrying out of the children ministry. Must spend time recruiting, training, and supporting this team. Work with the team to create opportunities for parents/families of children.
- Oversee the annual Vacation Bible School.
- Assist with specially planned children’s programs, such as during the Christmas and Easter seasons.
- Develop and administer a budget for both children and student ministries.
- Participate in community-wide children/student ministry efforts as opportunities arise. Be involved at Marion County High School, Jasper Middle School and Jasper Elementary.
- Foster family participation and growth by getting to know the children/students and encouraging family involvement with children/student activities as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Must demonstrate a high level of trustworthiness, and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality. The wisdom to refrain from indiscriminately sharing information is critical, including, but not limited to social networks and word of mouth.
- Must be able to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent time manager
- Ability to work independently as well as with direction from leadership.
- Must display a pleasing public appearance and demeanor. Good people skills are crucial!
- Must be able to readily adapt to changing requirements and need.
- Must work well in a team environment, with the overall goal of assisting the ministry staff and the church congregation in their respective ministries.
- Must attend Jasper FBC Church Services regularly.
- Pursue continuing education through reliable sources within student/youth and children ministries (conferences, seminars, retreats, etc)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform any responsibilities.
EDUCATION and /or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in related field (education, student/youth ministry, Bible, etc) from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience defined as 5-7 years in working with students and/or children in a Christian environment or education.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Seminary degree is not required but a plus.
LICENSING / CERTIFICATION:
- Licensed and/or Ordained Minister preferred.
- Salary will be determined at time of hiring.
*Jasper First Baptist Church will, prior to employment, require a background and credit check. Any expenses associated with this process will be paid for by the church. *