River Oaks Church is seeking a full-time experienced Minister of Youth, to lead a Godly and devoted youth ministry. The Minister of Youth is responsible for giving directions to the overall educational and activities ministry of grades seven through twelve to promote evangelism and discipleship by planning, promoting, coordinating, conducting and evaluating the youth activities of the church. The Minister of Youth is under the direction and supervision of the Lead Pastor and in cooperation with paid and volunteer staff in leading the church to deliver and implement an effective Christian ministry to youth, parents of youth and youth leaders. The Minister of Youth will possess a deep understanding and knowledge of Scripture and be able to share God’s truth in a meaningful and effective way to those within the ministry. The Minister of Youth should aspire to the characteristics outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9, as well as, to be mindful of 1 Timothy 4:12, 2 Timothy 2:22 and 1 Peter 5:5.
The River Oaks Minister of Youth responsibilities include:
• Provide Pastoral Ministry with the Youth Ministry family (youth, youth parents and youth leaders) and coordinate the training of others to do likewise.
• Coordinate the weekly youth education and events.
• Coordinate an overall youth curriculum plan that includes evangelistic and missionary opportunities, service activities, spiritual growth challenges, parental involvement and leadership development with youth and youth leaders.
• Coordinate and implement an annual youth ministry budget, and administer that budget in accordance with the approved church budget.
• Actively engage youth, their friends and youth parents in outside activities to promote the youth ministry and draw others to God and into the church.
• Counsel youth and their families in conjunction and guidance of the lead pastor, this may include hospital visitation and/or crisis intervention.
• Utilize contemporary media tools for communication with youth, youth families, staff, volunteers and leadership teams.
The River Oaks Minister of Youth should:
• Have a well-established, proven and growing walk with Jesus as His Lord and Savior.
• Be able to maintain proper priorities and balance in his personal life (spiritual, family, friends and work relationships).
• Have a clear calling to full-time youth ministry.
• If married, his wife must also sense her husband’s calling to youth ministry and support his calling.
• Show a strong foundation of biblical truths, ability to teach that truth to others, and a deep desire to share the gospel.
• Possess a great deal of self-motivation, confidence, and the ability to lead others.
• Demonstrate a gift for working and communicating with students and adults.
• Have excellent organizational and leadership skills, as well as, showing financial responsibility.
• Enjoy recruiting, training and facilitating volunteer workers to enhance the youth ministry.
• Has a keen understanding of problems, emotions and issues students go through at various stages in life.
• Demonstrate the desire for continued personal growth and development.
Please send a cover letter, a resume, and any other documentation to the email.