I. POSITION SUMMARY
The Minister to College is responsible for providing overall leadership to students, leadership and volunteers in the CABC College Ministry through an integrated whole church approach.
II. REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
Supervisor: Executive Pastor
Supervisees: College Ministry Associate, College Ministry volunteers
III. MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Responsible for developing, conducting, promoting, and evaluating a Christian ministry to college students in the Waco area, seeking to involve them in the overall ministry of CABC.
• Discipleship of college students through Bible study (including Sunday School and weekly small groups) and weekly worship. This involves partnering with Sunday school leadership and the college worship leader/band.
• Organizing and planning ministry activities, such as mission trips, community services, events, and ministries of the College Ministry.
• Promoting the activities of the college ministry among college students in the Waco area.
• Working with the College Associate in the planning, organizing, and leading of the worship services, events, and ministries of the College Ministry.
• Encouraging leadership opportunities for college students through the College Leadership Team and involving them in the ministry to college students
• Offering spiritual guidance and counseling to college students.
• Developing, implementing, and maintaining vision for College Ministry
• Attend weekly staff meetings
• Serve alongside the Education Ministry team members in creation and execution of multi-ministry and church-wide events.
• Participating in Sunday Morning assignments (outside of the College Ministry) such as staff minister roles in worship and other ministerial level responsibilities.
• Helping and assisting other staff members as needed.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Pastor.
IV. JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Giftedness in communication and teaching to young adults.
• Ability to use technology to expand ministry impact, communications and outreach.
• Flexibility in work scheduling to maximize times that students are available for personal interaction and relationship building.
• Committed Christian and a regular participant in the life of Columbus Avenue Baptist Church.
• Be a good steward with the resources God has provided to Columbus Avenue Baptist Church (Matthew 25:21).
• Perform duties and responsibilities in a manner to glorify Christ and further the mission and ministry purposes of Columbus Avenue Baptist Church (Colossians 3:23, 24).
• Adhere to church approved guidelines as set forth in Columbus Avenue Baptist Church’s Bylaws and Policies and Procedures Manual.
V. SCHEDULE AND WORK WEEK
This is a Full-Time position. The work schedule is flexible and is dependent upon the needs of the College Ministry which often requires non-traditional work hours and availability.
VI. EVALUATION AND COMPENSATION
A Performance Evaluation and Development Form will be completed with the Executive Pastor on an annual basis. Compensation is reviewed annually.