The Pastor/Director of Ministries to Families with Children provides strategic direction and hands-on leadership for all ministries related to children 1st-5th grade as well as support and resourcing to the directors of both the nursery and pre-school ministries. CFN offers full children’s programming for approximately 75 children from 9:30 – 11:45 each Sunday morning and 6:00 – 7:30 each Wednesday evening.
- The most important role of the Pastor/Director is to help parents disciple their child(ren) through training, resourcing, and encouragement.
- The Pastor/Director will work to develop a strategic discipleship plan to lead a child from infancy to middle school.
- CFN seeks a Pastor/Director who will be more interested in making heroes of our Children’s Ministry team members rather than being a hero herself/himself by providing these individuals:
- exposure to alternative concepts/models
- Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- A track record of success in the carrying-out of the aforementioned responsibilities.
- BA or BS degree required (diversity in training is desirable, ie. mass communication, education, arts, etc.)
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Demonstrated ability to understand and relate to children and their families.
- Harmony with Wesleyan theology.
- Ability to relate and minister to a racially diverse church and community.
- Be reliable, take initiative and be self-motivated.
- Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation and creativity.
- Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Have a cooperative, healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers and volunteers.
If you are interested in applying for this position, Apply Online!