Columbus Avenue is searching for a dynamic youth minister to lead our fast growing and impactful youth ministry in Waco, Texas. Reaching unchurched students and making disciples of middle school and high school students are the aims of our Youth Ministry.
I. POSITION SUMMARY
The Minister to Youth is responsible for all ministries to the middle school (6-8) and high school (9-12) students of Columbus Avenue Baptist Church.
II. REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
Supervisor: Senior Pastor
Supervisees: Youth Ministry Associates
III. MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Plan, coordinate direct and evaluate the youth ministry activities and events
• Plan a weekly schedule that will engage junior high and high school students in discipleship, fellowship, and evangelism
• Meet with students and families for general counseling needs
• Coordinate volunteers for Sunday School leadership, youth leadership, youth committees and lay leadership for the youth ministry
• Direct and participate in ministry to youth prospective members and absent members
• Attend weekly staff meetings
• Work with Sunday School teachers and directors to help them prepare and deliver a curriculum that will lead to a teenager’s holistic spiritual development
• Lead in planning and conducting age group activities that facilitate students’ discipleship,
fellowship, and evangelism through camps, mission trips, retreats and special events
• Coordinate the work of the youth ministry with other church programs
• Visit school campuses regularly to build relationships with students
• Plan and conduct parent meetings, support groups, and seminars to help them better parent teenagers and be aware of current issues
• Coordinate and oversee budget preparation for the youth ministry and activities
• Be informed of all current student ministry trends and needs and implement the best method for our current student ministry group
• Participate in Sunday Morning worship assignments (outside of the Youth Ministry)
• Help ensure that all areas within the Youth Ministry comply with the Child Youth Protection Policy of Columbus Avenue Baptist Church.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
IV. JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Committed Christian and a regular participant in the life of Columbus Avenue Baptist Church.
• Ability to communicate and engage parents of youth so that they may provide spiritual guidance to their children in an informed and spiritually sound manner. • Ability to use different technologies and media to maintain maximum communication and involvement in the lives of students.
• Be a good steward with the resources God has provided to Columbus Avenue Baptist Church (Matthew 25:21).
• Perform duties and responsibilities in a manner to glorify Christ and further the mission and ministry purposes of Columbus Avenue Baptist Church (Colossians 3:23, 24).
• Adhere to church approved guidelines as set forth in Columbus Avenue Baptist Church’s Bylaws and Policies and Procedures Manual.
V. SCHEDULE AND WORK WEEK
This is a Full-Time position. The work schedule is flexible and is dependent upon the needs of
the student ministry which often requires non-traditional work hours and availability.
VI. EVALUATION AND COMPENSATION
A Performance Evaluation and Development Form will be completed with the Senior Pastor on
an annual basis. Compensation is reviewed annually.