The Greater Solid Rock Baptist Church is seeking a part-time Youth and Young Adult Minister. General duties include: Plan, direct, administer and evaluate a comprehensive youth ministry relevant to today’s youth with specific focus on the spiritual, physical, recreational, social and emotional development of youth; direct the teaching programs of the Youth Ministry to include, but not limited to Sunday school, Mission Organizations, and Discipleship Training in coordination and cooperation with the Senior Pastor.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Exhibit a personal maturity and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
• Possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related ministry field, preferred 2+ years’ experience in youth ministry, and strong and sound administrative skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
• Demonstrated effective leadership skills.
• Demonstrated sound Biblical teaching and preaching abilities.
• Manifest a heart for young people and a desire to teach them the life-changing Gospel of Jesus Christ.
• Experienced in working with and relating to unchurched youths and young adults and outreach activities.
• Capable of creating and executing a long-term vision for The Greater Solid Rock Baptist Church’s Youth Ministry, consistent with the Church’s overall ministry vision.
• Display a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and for the benefit of the ministry.
• Recruit, train and shepherd volunteer staff with diverse gifts and personalities with youth specific interest and experience.
• Must have a strong understanding of and ability to use social media.
• An engaging and biblically based teacher who understands and shares the faith doctrines and principles of The Greater Solid Rock Baptist Church.
• Support The Greater Solid Rock Baptist Church parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles in concert with other pastoral staff.
• Provide spiritual counseling and direction to youth and young adults on an individual basis.
• A self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, possessing relational skills that will bridge growth within the ministry into the overall life of the church
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead The Greater Solid Rock Baptist youth and young adult ministry to become mature followers of Christ
• Under the supervision of the Senior Pastor, remain accountable and responsive to his oversight of the youth and young adult ministry.
• Attend and participate in worship services, Church Council, Ministerial and other related Youth Ministry and staff meetings.
• Preach to congregation as directed by the Senior Pastor, using biblically sound doctrines.
• Participate in outside church affiliations i.e. conventions, associations and other training events that will be beneficial to the growth and maturity of the ministry.
• Must be able to pass background checks.
• Participate in job performance reviews.
• Present a yearly youth budget proposal.
• Stay current with youth ministry best practices
• Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement. Provide continuity of communication and support to members attending college and other institutions of higher education/learning.
• Other duties as assigned or requested.
This is a part-time position. Salary and other benefits will be negotiated.